Chapter 10. 1815 

Over the next six weeks, Anthony and Cecily spent as much time together as possible. Aside from enjoying the twice a week balls, they attended the opera, the ballet, and several dinner gatherings. It was clear to everyone in the ton that they had quite the delicious and crackling chemistry.
On a warm and pleasant evening toward the second week of June, Anthony and Cecily were snuggled together inside the York carriage as it drove back toward York Park. They had enjoyed yet another dinner and ball, and despite having lovely people to speak with, they were anxious to be alone. They had yet to say those three beautiful words to one another, and both believed that night would be the perfect opportunity to do so.
Cecily smiled. "Are you sure you're not going to tell me what the surprise is my love? I've been waiting patiently, but you've not said a word."
Anthony chuckled, sliding one arm around her shoulders. "I'm not going to say what the surprise is my darling. You are simply going to have to wait a little longer. However, I assure you that the surprise is going to be a beautiful one."
Cecily pouted. "But I have been waiting all evening. Can I not have a hint?"
Anthony chuckled, shaking his head. "No you cannot have a hint. Just wait a little longer."
Cecily exhaled, knowing she was defeated. "O very well."
Within a few moments, the carriage arrived to York Park. Anthony and Cecily stepped out of the vehicle and walked through the gates and into the garden. They moved easily through the various lovely blossoms that lined either side of their path until they came to an exquisite, and very large, archway of pink red and white roses.
Cecily gasped, her eyes widening with surprise, as she saw the beautiful layout before her. Each rose that hung in the archway was covered with gemstones. A table with a dark red and gold tablecloth was underneath the archway, two chairs placed on either side of it. Three tall glowing candles were placed in the center of the table, along with a crystal vase filled with red and gold roses. A three tier cake stand filled with delicious sandwiches scones and desserts accompanied the flowers and candles.
Anthony smiled. "What do you think?"
Cecily smiled brilliantly. "This is beautiful my love. It's very romantic."
Anthony beamed with happiness, leading her over to the table and helping her sit down. He took his seat across from her. "I'm so glad you love it. I was wanting this evening to be perfect."
Cecily smiled, and then giggled as a bottle of red wine and two glasses magically appeared on the table. "You are quite the sneaky Duke."
Anthony looked at her with confusion. "Who, Me? The bottle of wine and glasses were already here."
Cecily giggled. "They certainly were not. You made them appear."
Anthony chuckled. "Oh very well. You caught me."
They started laughing as they divided the food between them. They each had three sandwiches, one scone, and two desserts. They exchanged sweet smiles and pleasant conversation as they listened to the crickets chirping around them.
Once they finished, Anthony took Cecily deeper into the gardens, leading her over to a magnificent water fountain. The shape of the fountain was that of a phoenix, its brilliant wings stretched out in flight. Water spewed from its mouth. Surrounding the fountain was a cluster of bushes, each containing red and gold roses with gemstones.
Cecily. "I've had the most wonderful evening."
Anthony took her hands. "I'm glad, because I have as well."
Cecily smiled. "I'm glad. However, I do have something very important to tell you."
Anthony caressed her cheek. "I do as well, but I will let you go first."
Cecily took a breath, reaching up and caressing his cheek. "My dearest Anthony, I love you with all of my heart and soul. Over these last six weeks, you have brought nothing but light and happiness into my life. I feel complete when you are near me, and broken when we are apart. I am forever grateful to be your intended."
Anthony smiled, his eyes bright with excitement. "My darling Cecily, I love you with every fiber of my being. You have brought me so much joy and delight. I feel powerful when you are near, and weak when we are apart. I am incredibly blessed to have you as my intended."
As those words hung between them, they could feel the fire beginning to bloom. Moments later, their lips collided in a frenzied kiss of passion. Their arms went around one another, their bodies pressing tightly against each other.
Anthony growled, his tongue diving between her lips and twisting with hers. He explored every inch of her mouth, his tongue gliding along every crevice. His sweet Cecily tasted like the most delectable dessert. And he was wanting more.
Cecily moaned with pleasure, twisting her tongue with his eagerly. Her arms went around his neck, her body pressing tightly to his. Her darling Anthony tasted like the most heavenly dessert imaginable. And she was craving more.
Anthony moved his lips from hers and down to her neck. He began sending feather soft kisses along her skin. "Why don't we continue this in my bedroom?"
Cecily gasped, her body becoming tense as his words struck her. His bedroom, the two of them alone. "Are you sure your Grace? "
Anthony raised his dark eyes to hers. He took her face between his hands, his voice low and seductive. "I am sure of one thing Cecily. One thing and one thing only."
Cecily's heart was pounding against her ribs. "And what is that one thing?"
Anthony moved until his lips were at her ear. "I burn for You."