Chapter 13. 1815 

Cecily smiled brilliantly, her eyes shining. "I would love to. "
Closing their eyes, they soon became engulfed in a dazzling silver flame. Moments later, they had transformed into their phoenix.  Anthony was a dark red Phoenix with gold and emerald wings while Cecily was a gold Phoenix with dusty pink and silver wings.
Nuzzling one another, they took off into the sky, soaring high above the clouds and making their way toward the glowing moon.  That night had changed everything for them, had changed their lives forever.  They were united, body and soul, for all eternity.
***
One week after the engagement was announced, a carriage pulled up to York Park. The driver of the vehicle stepped out, opening the door for his occupants. He watched as Richard and Vivian stepped out of the carriage and walked into the house. Thankfully for the twins, Anthony Cecily and the others weren't home. They had gone out to dinner.
Richard. "Did you bring the necklace with you sister?"
Vivian smiled, holding up the black velvet box with dark gold and red borders. "I certainly did brother. I believe this will be a lovely wedding present."
Richard smiled deviously. "I have a feeling she will appreciate it."
Vivian nodded. "I fervently agree. Wait out here while I go and put this into her chamber."
Richard nodded. "Of course."
Walking quietly into the chamber that belonged to Cecily, which was adjoined with Anthony's chamber, Vivian made her way over to the dressing table. Placing the box onto the carved mahogany wood, she smiled wickedly. The future Duchess of York had no idea what kind of jewelry would be gifted to her.
Glancing around to make sure she wasn't caught, Vivian stepped out of the room and walked over to Richard. Her eyes glittered with triumph. "It's done."
Richard beamed with pride. "Well done Vivian. When is the wedding again?"
Vivian rolled her eyes as they made their escape out of York Park. "Next month you idiot."
Richard. "If the wedding is next month, why are we giving Cecily the necklace early?"
Vivian. "Because their engagement ball is tomorrow night."
Richard. "Oh yes, and I assume we aren't invited."
Vivian paused and smiled wickedly. "Oh yes we are."
Richard stared at her. "But we did not receive an invitation."
Vivian smiled. "I know. That's why we are showing up unannounced."
Richard's eyes twinkled. "You are quite the wicked one my dear Vivian."
Vivian giggled. "Thank you my dear Richard."
The twins climbed into the carriage and settled back against the tufted seat. They exchanged a devious smile, knowing full well that the necklace resting inside the box was deadly. They knew that, once Cecily had the necklace around her neck, she would be on fire.
Richard. "So, how exactly are we going to give the necklace to Cecily? Do we expect her to find it herself?"
Vivian punched her brother on the arm. "Of course we expect her to find it herself you idiot. That's the whole idea."
Richard grimaced, rubbing his arm. "Bloody fuck Vivian, must you have such a strong hand?"
Vivian rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "I simply wanted to prove my point."
Richard rolled his eyes. "You succeeded. I understand your point."
Vivian nodded. "Good."
Richard. "Sister, I actually have an idea that might work better."
Vivian. "And what idea is that?"
Richard leaned forward. "We present Cecily with the gift. We give it to her in front of everyone, and watch her burn. No one will be expecting it."
Vivian growled, shaking her head. "No, Cecily must find the necklace herself. However, I did forget to mention that the necklace won't burn her skin right away."
Richard looked at her confused. "How is that possible? Silver is an enemy to a Phoenix."
Vivian smiled mercilessly. "So is magic."
Richard's mouth dropped. "You don't mean..."
Vivian nodded eagerly, her eyes sparkling. "Oh yes I did brother. Do you remember my dear friend Lavinia Hayward?"
Richard nodded. "The witch? Yes I remember her."
Vivian. "I asked her to put a little magic into the necklace we are gifting Cecily. So it not only possesses silver, but magic as well."
Richard laughed. "You are bloody brilliant. What does that magic do?"
Vivian's eyes started sparkling like dark green gemstones. "The magic will paralyze her. Not forever, just as long as she wears the necklace."
Richard clapped his hands together with excitement. "Wonderful. I cannot wait to see this unfold tomorrow evening."
Vivian smiled deviously. "Neither can I."