Chapter 16. 1815 

On the morning of 21 July, Cecily awoke with a smile on her face. It was the day of her wedding, the day that she would become the Duchess of York. The day that she would become Anthony's wife. Climbing out of bed, she cleaned herself up just as the door to her chamber opened.
Rebecca smiled as she walked into the bedroom. "Good morning miss Grafton. Or should I say your grace."
Cecily giggled. "Good morning to you Rebecca. I cannot believe today is the day."
Rebecca. "Believe it, because it is. I am simply glad that I get to remain your lady in waiting."
Cecily smiled and hugged her. "I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. You are the most wonderful lady in waiting I've ever had."
Rebecca smiled. "Thank you Miss Grafton."
Cecily smiled before taking a seat at her dressing table, staring at her reflection in the mirror as Rebecca began doing her hair. After several years of not having any love from her human family, she was ready to receive every ounce of love that Anthony had to provide. And so far, she was receiving it, and reciprocating it.
The door opened a few minutes later, revealing Elizabeth Olivia and Genevieve. All of them were beaming with happiness as they walked into the room. They started chatting like birds, excited about the special day.
Genevieve. "I cannot wait to see what the seamstress came up with for your gown."
Cecily giggled. "I cannot wait to see it either."
Elizabeth. "You've not seen it yet my dear?"
Cecily smiled, shaking her head. "I was wanting to, so terribly, but then I decided to wait and see it for the first time with all of you."
Genevieve. "That was very sweet of you."
Olivia. "Your hair looks incredible my dear."
Cecily smiled as she watched Rebecca finish her hair. It was fixed into a beautiful braided bun with a pair of curls dangling on either side of her temples. "Thank you Olivia."
Rebecca. "Shall I get the gown?"
Cecily. "Yes please. I don't believe any of us can wait a moment longer to see it."
Turning, Rebecca stepped into the closet and came out with a garment bag. Removing the lace strings, she revealed the most magnificent gown. It was composed of white and gold silk with off the shoulder sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. Diamonds rubies and garnet decorated the bodice and waist. The back of the gown was composed of a corset, and the train was 10 feet long.
Cecily felt her eyes well up with tears. The seamstress, Madame Flora, had done a marvelous job. Walking over, she touched the delicate silk. "It's beautiful."
Genevieve. "It's magnificent."
Elizabeth and Olivia agreed before helping Cecily into the gown. To everyone's relief, it fit perfectly. They smiled as they helped Cecily put on her gloves and matching white and gold silk slippers.
Genevieve picked up the flower bouquet, which was composed of pink gold and cream roses, and gave it to Cecily. She smiled and hugged her tightly. "I am so grateful to have you as a sister. And I am so grateful to have George as my intended."
Cecily hugged her back just as tightly. "I am grateful for both of those. I know George is going to treat you with nothing but love and respect."
Genevieve smiled. "He already is."
Olivia. "Shall we go to the chapel? I don't believe we want to keep Anthony waiting."
Everyone agreed before stepping out of the room and making their way downstairs to the carriage that was waiting for them outside. Climbing carefully into the vehicle so as not to ruin their gowns, they settled back against the tufted seat and tapped on the carriage roof so that the driver could take them to the London chapel. The moment of Anthony and Cecily's marriage had finally arrived.
Cecily smiled as she gazed out the carriage window. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to have Anthony in her life. She couldn't wait to become his forever wife, the mother to his children. However, little did she realize that her perfect day was going to end in disaster.
***
George. "What do you think her gown is going to look like?"
Anthony chuckled. "I don't know my friend, but I do know she is going to look beautiful."
George chuckled. "High note she is. Her and Genevieve."
Anthony nodded, smiling softly. He was wearing a three-piece black silk suit with a cream and gold button up shirt matching cravat and black boots.  He couldn't believe that the day had arrived for him to take Cecily as his wife and Duchess. He felt as if he had been waiting a lifetime for this moment.
George smiled before tapping Anthony on the shoulder. "I am going to go bring you your bride." Turning, he stepped away from the Duke of York and made his way outside. He watched as the carriage approached the London Chapel, holding his breath as he watched the carriage doors being opened by the footman.
Olivia and Elizabeth were the first to step out. Both of them were wearing identical gowns of dusty pink and lavender. They smiled sweetly at George just as Genevieve stepped out. She was wearing an elegant gown of dusty blue.
George smiled as he hugged his mother, kissing her on both cheeks. He turned his attention to Genevieve and brought her against him for a tight hug and quick kiss. "You look ravishing my love."
Genevieve giggled, smiling sweetly. "Thank you my dear. And you look so handsome."
George came away from his intended just as Cecily emerged from the carriage. His heart squeezed and he felt his eyes well up with tears as he saw his beautiful sister smiling at him. She looked like an angel.
George stepped forward and brought Cecily against him. "You look magnificent."