• 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 •

~ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 / 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐔𝐁 ~
𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟑

"Dad?"

"Hey Jen, can't talk right now, I'm needed at the station," Fred rushed through the house, picking up his jacket, and keys before heading out into the yard.

"Any chance you could drop me off at Robin's on the way?"

He contemplated it for a second before nodding, "You better be ready to go right now."

Jenny threw her house key into her pocket and headed out the door with her father.

"What's the rush?" She asked, hoping into his ute. He let out a long, tired sigh as he turned the key.

"Hopper's M.I.A."

Jennifer gave her father a puzzled look as he ran a hand through his hair.

"M.I.A? Where's he gone?"

"No idea, but he's been acting strange... Something weird's going on in this town, and no one seems to care," He said, shaking his head.

"Pshh, you're telling me..." Jenny muttered, looking out the window at the dead trees she was becoming increasingly more afraid of as the days passed.

"What are you planning on doing with Robin?" Fred asked, changing gears.

"Dunno yet, probably grab a shake or something. Don't worry, we're not planning on running through the woods covered in raw meat," Jenny joked. He didn't seem to appreciate it much.

Jenny convinced her dad to drop her and Robin off in town, so long as they promised to get picked up from the station by Robin's parents so Fred could make sure they were safe. His increasing paranoia was not helping her anxiety at all, but at least, she thought, she and Robin were going to finally get some time together. No one had requested her to attend a secret meeting, no one had called asking to go monster hunting, and so far, the girls hadn't bumped into anyone that could distract them from their girls day.

They walked out out O'Malley's Dining Car with three milkshakes between them, strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate, so they could swap and get a 'Neopolitan shake experience' as Robin had called it. Jenny had just handed Robin the chocolate one back when they heard a yell from across the street.

"Nancy!"

Jenny groaned. She had already told Robin how happy she was to not have to deal with that group today. Robin grimaced for Jenny but turned to her friend with a smile.

"There are plenty of Nancys," She said, which was definitely meant to come off as reassuring but she just sounded strained.

Jenny sighed, "But only one Nancy that would get herself into trouble like this."

The girls turned around to see Jonathan Byers chasing Nancy Wheeler across to their side of the road where the Hawk theatre was. Nancy stooped in her tracks gawking up at the sign.

Jenny started to walk in their direction before Robin stopped her.

"You know you can just, leave it, right?" She said. "We don't even know what's going on."

But Jenny could read now that the sign read 'ALL THE RIGHT MOVES, STARRING NANCY THE SLUT WHEELER'. Jenny nearly dropped her milkshakes. Nancy started booking it for the alleyway with Jonathan hot on her heels, Robin knew she had lost. Jenny gave her an apologetic look before Robin stuck out her hand to hold the other milkshakes.