• 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 •

~ 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 ~
𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒

"WILL!"

The children and Jenny had been searching for a concerning amount of time for Will, and Jenny was starting to panic.

The looming thought that Will had just been lost for a second time, under what could be considered her care, was not helping her to think logically at all. Her worry doubled when Mrs Byers nearly crashed into them as they rounded a corner.

"Jenny!" She cried. "What is going on? Where's Will?"

She had barely finished before Lucas threw open the doors to the back of the school.

"The field!" He called before throwing open the doors again, everyone quickly following suit.

They spotted Mike and Will instantly.

"Will! I just found him like this!" Mike called out to the approaching group. "I think he's having another episode!"

Joyce grabbed onto Will's shoulders, he didn't even flinch.

Jenny could see from where he was standing that the boy was almost... frozen. He was shaking ever so slightly and his eyes were rolled back into his head. It was as if he was having a contained seizure.

"Will! It's me! It's Mom! Wake up!" Jenny didn't know what to do, Joyce was frantically trying to wake her boy up to no avail, and she felt guilty that she couldn't help the poor mother.

Max looked utterly terrified. Jenny stepped closer to the young girl, so innocent, so naive to the world of these things, and put a somewhat comforting hand on her shoulder. Max went to shake her off before seeing Jenny's worried expression and deciding to let her hand stay.

Will gasped loudly, jolting slighting as his neck regained movement and his body untensed.

Joyce enveloped him in a hug before rushing him back towards the school, the others following a few feet behind.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out," Max confessed when the Byers were out of earshot. "Did that not freak you guys out?"

No one replied. Jenny wanted to, but what was there to say? 'Well we fought an interdimensional attack last year so this is just the shell shock.'

No, instead, Lucas posed his own question, "That's his second episode in two days, right?"

"Second?" Jenny asked. "I didn't even know there was a first." Before that moment in the field, she didn't even know Will's PTSD was at that point.

"All you need to know is that it's getting worse... Everything," Mike told her.

"Do you think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked. Between hanging around Dustin and Tim Reid, Jenny had picked up a smidge of the terminology of DND, 'True Sight' being one she happened to remember.

Jenny nudged Dustin. He jumped slightly as if he was caught doing something he shouldn't have. He furrowed his brow in confusion.

Jenny motioned to Max who was asking Lucas about what True Sight was, and Mike who was motioning for Lucas not to say anything.

Dustin looked back at Jenny and cleared his throat before whispering.

"True sight... Into the Upside-Down."

And Jenny's heart sank.

~ 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄 ~
𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒