• 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 •

~ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 ~
𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟐𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟒

His lips were slow but forceful against hers as Steve kissed Jenny against his car. His hands cupped her neck, caressing her jaw with his thumbs, her fingers tangled in his hair, Can't Fight This Feeling playing muffled from inside the car.

Jenny was barely holding on, her legs trembling as she tried to keep herself standing. Steve felt it and grinned against her mouth.

"Just loosen up a little, Jen," He said, brushing hair behind her ear before pecking her lips. He pressed his leg between hers to help hold her up, pecking her once more before going back in.

"Oh strip naked why don't you," Dustin's voice called out, making the teenagers groan and lean their foreheads against each other. Steve pushed himself off of Jenny, holding his hands up in surrender as he made his way around to the driver's side.

"Maybe you shouldn't have taken so long man!" He said opening the door.

"Yeah well, can you see why?"

Jenny looked up at Dustin and her mouth dropped. His curly hair was done up like a dinosaur's spine, and he was smiling like it was the best moment of his entire life. She couldn't argue, she thought this was just about the best moment of her life too.

Jenny began to clap, jumping up and down in excitement. She enveloped him in a tight hug as he made his way towards her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," He said, holding her away from his head. "Watch the hair."

"You look great champ," Steve told him as he got into the back seat.

The rest of the journey was pretty much in silence, with the occasional complaint from Dustin when the couple started singing to a song on the radio. He was clearly too nervous to say anything else.

Jenny kept watching him from the rearview mirror; his eyes would dart around occasionally as he played with his hands –a distraction technique she knew well.

"Alright buddy here we are," Steve said, holding his hand on the passenger seat and looking back at Dustin. Dustin looked nervously at the open door to the gymnasium. "So remember, once you get in there–"

"Pretend like you don't care," Dustin said with a nod.

"No," Jenny reminded him. "You be happy for Lucas and Max and–"

"You find another pretty girl and sweep her off her feet," Steve told him, looking at Jenny with a smile.

"I'll sweep her clean off the floor!" Dustin agreed.

"There you go my friend, you're learning," Steve looked so proud of him, Jenny was sure her heart would explode.

Dustin sighed and leaned forward, fiddling with the rearview mirror to check himself out.

"Hey..." Steve said, gently pushing his hand away.

"What?"

"You look great, okay? You look, you look great."

"Thank you," He muttered. Jenny turned around and fixed his tie, he gave her a shy but grateful smile.

"Now," Steve told him, "you're gonna go in there, lookin' like a million bucks–"

"Hell yeah!"

"And you're going to slay 'em dead."

"Like a lion!" Dustin made a strange growling noise with his tongue that made Jenny giggle. Steve looked deeply concerned.

"Ye- uhh don't do that. Okay?"

"Okay," Dustin nodded diligently.

Steve held out his hand, "Good luck."

Dustin shook it, squirming when Jenny grabbed him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Love you!" She whispered harshly as he opened the door and stepped out.

Steve watched Dustin nervously as he walked up the steps and into the gym.

"He'll be fine," Jenny reassured him, holding his hand on the gear shift. Steve gave her a warm smile.

"I know..." He said, putting the car back into drive. "I just really love that little shit."

Jenny laughed as they pulled away. Steve smiled at her, turning the music up when Forever Young came on and slipping his hand onto her thigh as they drove out of the school.