• 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 •

~ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 ~
𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓

"How do we know exactly that there's gonna be anyone at the delivery point," Jenny asked as she and Dustin headed up to the roof again.

Without a shift to do, or friends to hang out with, Jenny and Dustin (respectively) had agreed to go back onto the roof to scout a way they could get into the room they had seen the night prior.

"We don't," Dustin admitted, "but we have all day."

"Speak for yourself, I got lumped into a committee meeting with the women on Mare Kline's 4th of July Fun Fair board this afternoon."

Dustin shuddered, "Sounds riveting."

"Gag me with a blowdryer," Jenny muttered as they pushed open the stairwell door.

They ducked in silence the moment they headed out. Without the cover of night to protect them, they both agreed it would be best to stay as low and quiet as possible.

Jenny took a deep breath before slowly lifting her head to look out over the drop-off point. It was a lot easier to make things out in the light (even without Dustin's binoculars he was selfishly keeping to himself with an iron grip).

However, even with that benefit of sight, there was nothing to observe except a guard outside the door.

"Guess we'll wait then," Dustin sighed, sitting back against the wall. Jenny did the same, a lot less enthusiastically.

The sound of a canned drink popping open and a slurping noise brought her attention to Dustin.

"Good?" She hissed sarcastically, watching him guilty gulp it down.

"Oh yeah," He whispered, smacking his lips. Jenny rolled her eyes.

"Did you get me one, or...?"

"Nope."

"Thanks, thanks... Anyone ever tell you how charitable you are?"

"Call me Mother Teresa," He said, taking another sip.

Jenny scoffed, "You have been spending way too much time with Steve."

They sat there for what felt like hours, listening for any movement. A few times they had looked over the wall, but nothing happened besides a guard change. Dustin had gone through a soda, a chocolate bar and a packet of chips (of which Jenny got one measly crumb) before finally, the sound of a truck broke through the silence and lifted their spirits.

Jenny didn't even bother asking for a go of Dustin's binoculars, instead, she tried to cover the sun from glaring on her glasses and squinted. She made out movement of another delivery of boxes, but nothing more.

"The guard's got a keycard. He seems to be the only thing opening those doors," Dustin said. She could have deduced that. The delivery man seemed to be the only one to enter and exit the room, and the guard wasn't budging from his station.

"C'mon, let's go," Jenny said, tugging on Dustin's jacket. He collected his stuff and followed her down the stairs and back into Scoops's staff room.

"So?" Steve asked as the cousins came in, spinning his Scoops hat on his finger.

"Well, we found a way in," Jenny told him, flopping into a chair beside Robin. Steve flared his hands out, gesturing for them to elaborate.

"The Russian guard holds a keycard and only this guard. That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian guard with this keycard also has a massive gun," Dustin explained.