Unstoppable

"All smiles, I know what it takes to fool this town. I'll do it 'til the sun goes down. And all through the night-time." - Sia: 'Unstoppable' (This is Acting [2016])

~**~

Roald Dahl Plass
Cardiff, Wales
2005

Six months have passed since the Slitheen family had invaded Earth and almost caused World War Three, and six months since Mickey Smith finally gave up on ever really saving the so-called relationship he had had with Rose, since she and Katy had met the Doctor and gone on adventures with him.

Mickey arrives at Cardiff Central railway station after receiving a phone call from Rose and Katy that they had arrived back to 2006, and Rose needed him to bring her, her passport; despite the Doctor explaining to her that she really didn't require it. He heads towards the redeveloped Oval Basin, spotting the TARDIS parked in front of the huge water tower, which was a very avente garde slab with water pouring down it.

Mickey walks up to the double doors and hesitates for only a moment before rapping his knuckles on the wood. The door opens, revealing Jack who looks Mickey up and down and frowns.

"Who the hell are you?" Jack demands, a little rudely.

"Who do you mean, who the hell am I?" Mickey scowls back at Jack, unamused. "Who the hell are you?" He demands suspiciously.

"Captain Jack Harkness. Whatever you're selling, we're not buying." Jack smirks.

Mickey scowls at him and tries to look over Jack's shoulder when he hears Katy's exasperated voice call out to Jack

"Jack, for God's sake. Just let Mickey in."

"Get out of my way!" Mickey shoves past Jack, who snorts and shakes his head before standing aside, allowing Mickey to walk in.

~**~

The Console Room
The TARDIS

"Don't tell me. This must be Mickey." Jack states, dryly.

Mickey looks around the familiar TARDIS console room and spots the Doctor fiddling with something on the ceiling above the console, while standing on a ladder. Not too far away was Katy who was handing up the Doctor some tools upon request. She smiles warmly at Mickey and puts down the tool she was holding in her hand momentarily, to rush over and hug her best friend who grins and hugs her back just as warmly.

"Hey, Mick! I've missed you." Katy chirps happily.

"Katy, I need your help!" the Doctor shouts at her as Katy rolls her eyes and goes back to help, as the Doctor glances over and smiles pleasantly at Mickey.

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?"

"It's Mickey!" He grimaces at the Doctor, mistrustfully. Rose comes up from the lower decks of the TARDIS, overhearing the Doctor teasing her boyfriend and rolls her eyes at his childishness.