The Time of Your Life

"It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right. I hope you had the time of your life." - Green Day: 'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)' (Nimrod [1997])

~**~

Observation Deck

Jack leads Lynda back to the Observation Deck where they first met when she and the Doctor were surveying the smog-covered Earth. He is showing Lynda what to do on the lone computer monitor on the deck.

"Right, Lynda, you are my eyes and ears," Jack explains to Lynda, who looks nervous. "When the Daleks get in, you can follow it on that screen and report it to me."

"Understood," Lynda nodded.

"They'll detect you but the door's made of Hydra Combination. It should keep them out." Jack tells her.

"Should?" Lynda's eyes widen in alarm and Jack looks at her apologetically.

"It's the best I can do," He stated, before turning to Pavale for a report. "How long till the Fleet arrives?"

"They've accelerated," he tells him.

Jack's face hardens with determination.

"This is it, ladies, and gentlemen. We are at war!"

Daleks stream out of the flying saucers towards the Game Station.

~**~

Powell Estate

Katy made her way back to the TARDIS. She figured that she could spend a little more time with the beautiful blue box before she had to abandon her, forever. She was getting tired of Rose only thinking about herself and how upset she was feeling that the Doctor had sent her back to 2006 for her own protection. What she apparently failed to realise was that the Doctor hadn't only sent her back, he'd sent Katy too.

And this was why she had never told her sister that not only was she a Time Lady, but that also she and the Doctor had fallen for each other. Rose's reaction would be the equivalent of an Atom Bomb exploding and lingering around for the next fifty or so years.

~**~

Mickey's original intention after leaving the café was to go after Katy to make sure she was alright. But decided at the last minute to nix that idea. If he remembered correctly, Katy didn't take too kindly to being smothered with comfort and 'you're gonna be okay's' if she wasn't open to them already.

So instead, he decided to walk off his frustrations with Rose and her new selfish attitude when it came to the Doctor. He ended up walking towards the nearest park to the Powell Estate and stopped in his tracks when he spotted Rose sitting on a nearby park bench, brooding. He nearly turned around and continued walking but decided to confront Rose. Mickey walks up beside the bench and takes a seat beside Rose.

"You can't spend the rest of your life thinking about the Doctor," Mickey reminds Rose, who lets out a sigh.

"But how do I forget him?" Rose muttered, desperately.

"You've got to start living your own life," Mickey shrugged. "You know, a proper life, like the kind he's never had. The sort of life you could've had with me." He pointed out, and Rose winced at the reminder that they were no longer together. But then she notices large letters painted on the tarmac of the play area they were sitting in.

  But then she notices large letters painted on the tarmac of the play area they were sitting in