Whatever It Takes

"Looking at my years like a martyrdom. Everybody needs to be a part of 'em. Never be enough, I'm the prodigal son. I was born to run; I was born for this." - Imagine Dragons: 'Whatever It Takes' (Evolve [2017])

~**~

Dalek Spaceship

Katy and Rose were at the mercy of the Daleks as they waited for the Doctor to make his move. One of the Daleks turned to address them.

"YOU KNOW THE DOCTOR. YOU UNDERSTAND HIM. YOU WILL PREDICT HIS ACTIONS." Both girls scowl at the alien.

"We don't know!" Rose stated.

"But even if we did, we wouldn't tell you," Katy spat, coldly.

"PREDICT! PREDICT! PREDICT!" It shrieked harshly. But one of the other Daleks suddenly spoke out, urgently.

"TARDIS DETECTED IN FLIGHT."

"LAUNCH MISSILES. EXTERMINATE!" Another orders. Katy and Rose reacted almost immediately when they heard this.

"You can't! The TARDIS hasn't got any defenses. You're going to kill him!" Katy protested in alarm.

"YOU HAVE PREDICTED CORRECTLY."

~**~

The TARDIS

The TARDIS is in mid-flight on route to rescue both Tyler sisters. Jack is in front of the console monitor, keeping track of the Daleks' movements.

"We've got incoming!" Jack reports to the Doctor as the Dalek missiles strike the TARDIS, and there is a big fireball in the vacuum of space. Jack grins, enjoying the adrenaline of the fight. "The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk," He jokes.

"And for my next trick..."

The Doctor throws a couple of switches, changing the course of the TARDIS to throw off the Daleks

The Doctor throws a couple of switches, changing the course of the TARDIS to throw off the Daleks. The TARDIS materialises around Katy and Rose, and one of the nearest Daleks. "Katy, get down! Get down, Rose!" The Doctor yells to the girls as the Dalek takes notice of the Doctor and Jack.

It takes aim.

"EXTERMINATE!" The Dalek fires and misses, and Jack takes out the Dalek with the modified Defabricator.

"You did it!" Rose cheers, before launching herself at the Doctor for a hug, which he warmly reciprocated. "Feels like I haven't seen you in years," She whispers to him, and he chuckles a little.

"I told you I'd come for you and your sister," He reminded her, and Rose nodded.

"Never doubted it," Rose states, and the Doctor's smile falls.