⇝2.8

That morning Jaemin woke up happy

That morning Jaemin woke up happy. He smelt food like every other morning, except today it was way more sweeter. 

He made it to the kitchen with the biggest smile on his face. His eyes visibly lit up even more when seeing Ara, humming to herself, way more relaxed than any other day. Might he add, she was for once not dressed in all black. 

Silently, he crept up behind her and hugged her from the back, but she didn't flinch like he thought she would.

Ara: Good morning.

Jaemin: You sensed me, didn't you?

Ara: Yup. Had a good sleep?

Jaemin: Way too good. 

She chuckled and he helped her by setting the plates down. While she finished up, he quickly freshened up and packed for the day.

Ara: Come eat, Jaemin!

Jaemin: Coming, coming.

He sat across from her on the small table and ate along with her. Though in between she dropped her smile and looked over at him to find him, smiling to himself while eating.

Ara: Jaemin...

Jaemin: Hm?

He looked up and he dropped his own smile looking at her serious expression. 

Jaemin: Yeah?

Ara: If you see any... people... who like to speak in riddles or are smirking while speaking to you as if they know everything... or if you even see Jaehyun... walk away. Okay?

Jaemin froze. Maybe he shouldn't mention Jaehyun's interaction last night. 

Jaemin: Alright... yeah i can do that.

Ara: Great. I'll see you at the end of your shift.

---

Jaemin bowed to his colleagues as he took off his mask and gloves, throwing them away. Though he froze when he saw Ara. She waved her hand at eye contact and he automatically felt a smile tugging at his lips.

Jaemin: Two minutes.

He mouthed and she nodded. Jaemin quickly went to the staff room and opened his locker. Jungwon, a fellow resident was sorting his locker next to his. 

Jungwon: So... girlfriend eh?

Jaemin: huh?

The other male nodded to outside the room where Ara was waiting patiently. 

Jaemin: Uh... yeah... i guess.

Jungwon: you guess?

Jaemin: I mean... i didn't ask her yet.

Jungwon: What are you waiting for bro? Its so obvious she is head over heels for you. She's been here all day.

With that Jungwon left and Jaemin was left in his thoughts. The entire day? But he had told her he would just call out to her if he gets in a dangerous situation.

She must have been so bored...

He grabbed his bag and walked out, approaching the smiling girl.

Ara: Let's go?

Jaemin nodded and the two walked, side by side, hands brushing. His fingers reached over to hers, and like magnets, their hands clasped together. The two looked at each other and chuckled.

Jaemin: Ah! This is good!

He announced loudly making Ara laugh. With that he rocked both their hands back and forth. 

Ara: So childish. 

She said with a teasing tone. He gave her a playful glare before dropping it, another chuckle let out from both of them. He let out a satisfied sigh and glanced down at Ara.

Jaemin: Why were you waiting in the hospital all day?

She looked up at him, surprised at his sudden question.

Ara: I didn't think you would see me...

Jaemin: I heard from another resident. 

Ara: Oh... well i was getting bored. Before i would go trouble Jaehyun or go see other Deaths... but now i can't meet the god without getting banished and the Deaths are starting to ignore me... rightfully.

Jaemin: Ignore you?

Ara: They wouldn't want to hang out with a rogue Death. 

She sighed.

Ara: Its okay... i didn't mind the hospital. Makes me only admire doctors... 

Jaemin: That's actually really funny hearing that from you.

Ara: Yah.

Jaemin chuckled again, tightening the hold on her hand.

Jaemin: Is this... gonna affect you this much?

She sighed then smiled.

Ara: I don't mind. Its the last time for me to be assigned a human as it is. I'm just glad its you...

Jaemin: Wait... so that's your punishment? Getting fired?

She chuckled and nodded slowly.

Ara: Something like that.

I wrote like so many chapters :) So daily updates?