⇝3.9

Jaemin was at the corner of the room

Jaemin was at the corner of the room. No one could see him except Ara and it clearly was driving her crazy.

Daesung: No i can not see anyone there Ara! Have you lost your mind? First you have a faulty heart and now this stupid mental illness too? Do you really want to drag your family's name through the mud!

Such a fucking asshole.

With one wipe of Jaemin's hand, Daesung felt a strong blow in his gut. A tiny smile cracked on Ara's lips as if she knew it was from the Death.

Daesung: What... What the hell?

He stood up while stumbling a lot and Jaemin got up from the chair walking in front of him. Daesung was obviously still clueless, looking around like a fool.

Jaemin: Dickhead... how did you even end up with Ara?

Another swish and this sent the CEO's son out the door in a run. Ara let out a small laugh forcing Jaemin to face her, a smile ghosting his own lips. It was as if he was deprived of her laughs. For the past two decades he could only replay her laugh in his head. But hearing it in person was as if drinking water after staying thirsty for two days.

Her eyes met his and she suddenly dropped the smile as if the fear clicked in.

Ara: Who... are you?

Jaemin: I'm Jaemin. And you're Ara...

Ara: Yup. So... uh... you just did that to Daesung.

Jaemin: I did.

Ara: Thanks for that... but why are you here again? And how come no one sees you? And how did you hurt Daesung without actually touching him-

Jaemin: Calm down baby,

It came out without much thought and Jaemin cursed himself in his head. The girl herself looked too shocked.

Ara: What did you-

Jaemin: Sorry. Um. Yeah. So... I really can't tell you much... except the fact that I'm-

Wait... she's not dying yet. What do I tell her?

Ara: You're?

Jaemin: Death. And you're about to die in a few... a few...

Two weeks.

Jaemin looked up, aware of the God helping him out all of a sudden.

Jaemin: You're about to die in two weeks so I'm here to take you to the afterlife.

He said while slowly facing Ara again who stared at him for a moment.

Ara: So... you're like a grim reaper.

Jaemin: yeah...

Why is she taking it so lightly?

Ara: That's so cool.

Her half hearted reply said the opposite.

Jaemin: You're not too flabbergasted like I expected you to be.

Ara: I mean... I knew I was going to die sooner than normal anyway. You would have heard right? Daesung said I had a weak heart. He also said that I was mentally ill which I thought I was, cause only I could see you. But then you did that thing-

She threw an air punch, making Jaemin chuckle. She smiled too before poking him on the chest.

Ara: And you feel very real as well. So yes, i believe you.

Jaemin: You have a weak heart?

Ara: Yup. Ever since I was a child. Daesung is only putting up this act so that he gets his shares from my dad's company.

Jaemin: And you?

Ara: Huh?

Jaemin: What about you? Why are you keeping this up?

She laughed a little as if this was all a ridiculous joke to her.

Ara: Because I don't want to drag my parents name through the mud. But why don't you already know this? In the books I read, grim reapers stay close to their souls all the time.

Jaemin: I...

Ara: I guess it not the same in real life huh?

Jaemin shrugged and she gave him a cheeky smile, quickly diverting the conversation into a whole new direction, away from her death.

Ara: You're kinda cute now that I think of it. 

Jaemin: What now?

Ara: I mean... you got the handsome smirk, the sharp jawline, your hands look amazing, damn you would pass for any girl's dream guy. 

Jaemin: Are you crushing over me when I just beat your fiancé up and told you that you're going to die? You taking this so well is scary.

Her eyes closed and she rested her head softly on the pillow.

Ara: When you can feel that you don't have many days left... its normal to stop questioning everything in your life. I can feel my end nearing Jaemin. And you have just confirmed it. That is, if all of this is not some sick act.

 That is, if all of this is not some sick act

OMG Ara 😭 They can never catch a break🤧