Insecurity (Nick x Fem!Reader)

I drew hunter! also, check out the shrine i made of coach and hunter (theres a purple franshish too)

Prepare for some cringe and awkward staring. If you cannot deal with cringey moments, I'd strongly suggest skipping this. I almost gave up on this because there's a scene that just has this energy:

 I almost gave up on this because there's a scene that just has this energy:

Oh also, FLUFF!!!!!

And foreplay, Ig? I dunno how to describe it. No smut though, sorry.

Also, also, I know, I am so sorry to the nonbinary folks or the dudes reading this. I try to keep it as genderless as possible, so it can be inclusive of all genders, but I kinda fucked up here, so uh... my bad.

It had been painfully boring, waiting around in the saferoom. The five of you had been basically trapped inside, due to the swarm of infected waiting right outside the door.

...Unfortunately for you, there was a mirror in the saferoom bathroom...

And that stupid thing drove you insane.

Every time you entered the bathroom, you would see your reflection, and feel disgusted by it. You looked so, so different from how you used to... you almost didn't even recognize yourself.

Your face had been covered in scars, your hair was pretty greasy, your hair had become noticeably longer, and your skin was badly bruised in many places, including your face. This happened with everyone, and you knew it was normal now, but seeing it on yourself was rather jarring.

You felt even worse... much worse. You felt ugly, undesirable, and you felt repulsed by yourself.

It constantly ate away at your mind. You felt silly for even being concerned about your appearance, but you couldn't help it!

You started to wonder why Nick was even with you to begin with...