Silent Woods

HELP I FUCKING SAID "OH HAY BAY-BEE BURD." WHEN I WAS KNOCKING BACK A HUNTER, WHEN PLAYING L4D1 AND MY BROTHER HEARD THIS 😭💀 I MEANT TO SAY, "OH HAY BABYGRILL" THE LOOK OF DISAPPOINTMENT IN HIS EYES LMFAOOOOOAOAOAHAHAHSVISJE DIRNKDNWNSNAJDEJBSDJRNDIFBFOEK

Oh, also there's a tiny bit of body shaming, so if you're sensitive to fat/skinny shaming, then maybe skip this one.

Ellis had been getting on your nerves in the saferoom today. He's been bouncing off the walls, noisier than usual, bombarding you with questions constantly, and being annoyingly fidgety.

This is your punishment for giving him an adrenaline shot, so close to the saferoom door... and even worse, he found some coffee and made himself a cup.

Ellis was doing anything he could to release pent up energy, and that included getting rowdy and acting like an overexcited fox, and you were starting to feel your patience thin.

"Y/n, y/n! Ievertellya'boutthatonetimemahbuddykiethdrovehiscaroffthecliff,brokebothhislegs?" Ellis was talking absurdly fast, and you sighed heavily. Keep it cool, he's not trying to be annoying. You thought to yourself.

"Yes, Ellis. But can you please tone it down a notch? You are getting on my nerves, and I don't want to snap at you." You told the southern man, who paused. Your tone was calm, and you yourself, was trying to calm down.

"Shit, I- I've been annoying ya this whole time?" He asked you, looking shocked and guilty. "A little. But I would appreciate it if you would tone it down a little, and maybe see if we can find an outlet for your energy." You told Ellis, whose brows furrowed as he processed your words. The mechanic perked up when he realized what you had said at the end.

"Ooh, I know a way to burn off my energy!" Ellis' tone was very excited and enthusiastic, with almost the same amount of energy that electrified his body.

"Oh? What is it?" Your questioning tone and raised eyebrow caused Ellis to blurt out over you. "We could go ghost huntin'!"

You stared at him for a moment, unsure of how to respond. "I'm not even going to question it. Let's go ghost hunting." You chuckled, watching Ellis' face light up tremendously, a huge grin forming on his face. You could feel his sheer excitement practically dripping into the environment, infecting you. You felt all annoyance practically fizzle off, as you caught a serious case of "Ellis Excitement".

"YES! Ihonestlythoughtyou'dquestionitmore!" Ellis was once again talking almost incoherently, due to the speed of his speech. He was absolutely giddy with delight, his fidgeting becoming almost relentless, while shivers of excitement ran through his spine.

"It sounds fun to do, not to mention it's perfect for the fall! Gettin' into the spookay spirit, n' all!" Your tone was beginning to match the mechanic's, even taking on a slight southern accent on some words. You sometimes said things with Ellis' southern twang, though you'd never notice it, until someone pointed it out or he reacted to it.

And in this case, he had. He got a mild look of surprise, which quickly melted back into an ecstatic grin. "You sounded just like me!"

You could feel yourself blush slightly out of embarrassment, realizing that you had sounded like him. "I guess I did, hah!" Your voice was quieter, before you cleared your throat. "Let's notify the others that we are leaving. Get your gun, and maybe a few Molotovs... never know when you'll need some." You told the southern man, before exiting the room.