Jealousy (Nick x Reader)

This is gonna be a long one, so get comfy.

Some of the deets: pre-apocalypse setting, you're both dating, open-ending (kind of), and Nick is senselessly jealous 🤪 also, the economy is good enough to where you can actually afford a house or apartment 🥰 don't we miss times like that? Or the time when redbull wasn't FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS.

ahem, anyway... let's go!

You and your southern friend were hanging out in his garage, talking about whatever came to mind, joking, and cackling while he worked on his truck.

Nick knew where you were, and he didn't seem to care too much that you were hanging out with Ellis. Why would he, if the two of you hung out every week? And you had invited him to come along, which he had rejected.

Ellis quite liked Nick, thinking very highly of him, being exceptionally welcoming towards him. Nick was your boyfriend after all, so why wouldn't Ellis like him?

Nick however seemed neutral about Ellis, admittedly finding him to be childish, but an alright guy, nonetheless.

The playlist you and Ellis had created on the iPod that he'd hooked up to the stereo, was playing at a volume that wasn't too loud nor too quiet. Currently, there was a Taylor Swift song playing- one that you could hardly remember the name of, but you knew it was his favorite song by Taylor.

You did like this song, but you also found the idea of Ellis being a Swiftie to be mildly amusing, given that he was more into rock than anything.

"Y/n, could ya hand me the ratchet I left near mah toolbox, please?" Ellis called out to you from under his truck, adjusting himself on the car creeper he was laying on. "Yeah, 'course." You said with a nod you knew he couldn't see, and you walked over to the toolbox.

Gosh, he was a bit messy. He had several tools, a good number of random parts, and for some reason a set of rusty keys that he found at the bottom of a lake, laying haphazardly on the floor over there.

"The ratchet is the silver one with the spinny thing, right?" You felt stupid asking that, but Ellis had taught you the names of so many tools that sometimes it's a little confusing.

Ellis hummed in confirmation, which was a relief. Just after you had picked up the ratchet, there was a knock on the garage door, causing you to immediately drop the hefty, silver ratchet back onto the concrete floor, out of alarm.

The sound it made was loud and sharp, hurting your ears.

There were only two people you knew of who knocked on garage doors, one of them swung by often with little notice, so you had a good idea of who was knocking.

"C'mon in!" The loud southern voice bellowed from under his truck, making you cover your ears. You knew he could be loud, but Jesus fucking Christ, his garage amplified ALL noise!

Once it was quiet, you grabbed the ratchet and walked over to Ellis, tapping his knee to let him know you were there. He rolled out on his car creeper, just as the garage door was pulled open from the outside, causing the sweltering air from outside to flood in.

The two of you looked directly at who it was, and indeed, you were correct. "Howdy, El." He greeted his best friend, smiling warmly at him. Then, his eyes jumped to you. "Heya y/n." He greeted you in the same, friendly, happy tone. You waved, uttering a quiet "hi".

"Wassuuuup!" Ellis welcomed the sudden presence of his friend, smiling hugely at him. "El, I was wonderin' if you was wantin' some of what I made." Keith asked Ellis, who had visible curiosity on his face.