Halloween Special

Hello, hello, hello, dear readers! It is the best holiday of all time, and spookiest time of the year! I appreciate readers old and new, for reading up until now.

In honor of Hallows' Eve, we have a big special! Spending time with some of our favorite characters! Doing each and every Halloween mission during the apocalypse, will this celebration turn out as expected? Is there a small moment of self-awareness and a tiny fourth wall break? Perhaps.

(Y/F/C = Your Favorite Candy)

also, look at the pumpkin I carved! never done it before, but I enjoyed it! how'd I do? I free-handed it ofc, because im just that much of a glizzlord lol

Well, it was the ungodly hours of the morning. Ellis was always the first to wake, and once he was up, he was awake until sunset. Halloween was tomorrow. How you knew? Well, you didn't. Ellis claimed to, as he could sense it was near the end of October. By the frost on the ground, that never seemed to melt, you knew it was late October.

He began to shake you awake, excitedly telling you that you must awaken, as he had a plan. You practically growled at him, swatting his hand away. "Whaaaaat?" You groaned at the giddy mechanic. "Y/n, come oooooooon, ya gotta get up!" He whined, leaning over your sleeping form.

You grumbled, sitting up. "Ellis, what could possibly be so important, to wake me up at this way-too-early time?" You grumbled at him, getting even more irritated by the arrhythmic vibrations from the tapping of his fingers on your bedding.

"Cmon, y/n, it's the plan! Don't ya remember?" He asked you, cocking his head to the side. He was certainly perplexed by your lack of remembrance of this supposed plan.

"No? What plan?" You asked him, and he frowned at your question, clearly upset that you couldn't remember. "Ya know, the plan we made last night with the group, where we would get up early and go searching for Halloween decorations? Did ya get smashed by a tank or somethin'?" Ellis explained to you, his arrhythmic tapping coming to a halt, while you rubbed the sleep from your eyes.

"Honestly, I don't remember... I had been out scouting all day, so my brain was beyond fried." You told the mechanic, who nodded. "Yeah, I could see why you couldn't remember... mah brain's pretty fucked after scoutin' too."

There was silence. Deep, sleepy silence.

You just wanted to go back to sleep... you got five hours of sleep, maximum. That was definitely not enough to make up for the hectic night you had.

Then, the silence was broken by Smoker's coughing fit, in the next room.

You tensed up, feeling arrows of fear get shot into your chest. You looked to Ellis, who was completely unbothered by the fact there was a SMOKER in the saferoom.

Then it occurred to you.

Oh yeah, your group decided to keep a Hunter, Smoker, and Boomer around. Right, right... at least they were cool as all hell!

You were fully awake now, and once you were awake, you could not go back to sleep for the life of you. "Well, I guess I'm up now... when are we going?" You asked the southern man, who smiled widely at you. His baby blue eyes glittered in the remaining moonlight, as the sun promised to rise over the horizon very soon.

"As soon as yer ready!" He chirped, making you smile. "Alright, alright. I'll need a few, but once I'm ready, we'll get outta here." You promised Ellis, playfully pulling the bill of his hat over his eyes. He giggled at this, before leaving the room to give you your space to prepare.