Night Fright (Ellis x Reader)

This was something I thought of and wrote down.

@JoyfulLeader, I am currently storyboarding your idea with @Shutup-ellis, so don't worry about it taking too long!

"GET READY, YALL!" And the distant roar of the horde was all you heard, before you felt that strange, hot, slimy appendage you hated, ensnare your torso and begin dragging you backwards.

You were trying desperately to fight back, kicking, thrashing, punching, even scratching, but you knew your efforts would be in futility, as you were dragged further and further away from your group.

"SMOKER'S GOT ME!" You shrieked, your voice cracking worse than glass. This was your worst nightmare! Your group couldn't get to you, because they were being swarmed by the horde, commons clawing at and snapping their hungered jaws at the four.

Leaves, spiky shrubs, sharp fallen branches, and rocks were agonizing to go over, scratching and stabbing into your back, where the slimy, fleshy snare of meat wasn't.

By each passing second, the wheezing got closer, the grunts became more and more eager, and you were beginning to smell the atrocious stench of cigarette smoke, grime, and whatever the hell that thing probably had smeared all over itself.

"GUYS!! HEEEELP!!!" You screamed once more, your cry for help becoming far more desperate, tears pricking the corners of your eyes. "FUCK! HELP, PLEASE!!!" You were pleading now, hoping SOMEONE or SOMETHING would save you, by some miracle! But, nothing came in time.

You were dragged to the eight-foot tall infected's body, and it began to claw you, tightening its grasp on you.

Each scratch was agonizingly painful, feeling like getting cut by rusty pocketknives, and stabbed with dirty heroin needles. The burning sensation was excruciating!

Suddenly, you tumbled backwards as a loud bang rang out, and the tongue instantly loosened as you fell atop the smoker.

"Shit, shit, shit! Y/n!" You heard a familiar voice of the conman cry out, running over to you. You wriggled out of the dead smoker's snare, slowly sitting up as four pairs of legs ran through the ground's foliage. They were looking for you!

"GUYS!" You called out, slowly getting to your feet. Nick was the first to get to you, followed immediately by Ellis.

"Y/n! Holy shit, are ya okay? Awh, yer bleedin- Yer covered in cuts!" Ellis was alarmed at your bloodied self, looking at you with such intense concern and worry.

"Ah, I could be better. Just gotta clean up these cuts and I'll be fine." As you were mid-sentence, Ellis pulled out his first aid kit. "Ellis, y/n is fine! Just some cuts, jeez." Nick rolled his eyes at Ellis.

Ellis ignored his words and looked you up and down. "Well, let's get those cleaned up, don't want ya getting an infection or nothin'." The southern man said caringly, looking at you with gentle eyes. You nodded and he led you to a nearby rock, that was maybe chest height for Ellis.

You climbed up onto the boulder, and Ellis stood before you, examining your wounds. They were still bleeding, and they burned like crazy.

Rochelle and Coach took a few minutes to come over, but by then, your wounds were already being treated by Ellis.

"Hey... y'all..." Coach panted out, hunched over and winded. "We're... almost to the.... safe.....house..."

You exchanged a few looks with the other three, seeing excitement on Ellis's face, and relief on Nick and Ro's faces. Quite frankly, you weren't too sure how you felt. Sure, relief and eagerness were your main emotions, but there were other emotions coursing through you.