Shits and Giggles (starring: Ellis, Keith, Dave, and Y/N)

Deets: Military compound, nonsensical shenanigans, far up north, winter time, relationship between you and Ellis is platonic. Also, be prepared for a description of Keith and Dave that I pulled straight from the ether (scrapped headcanons) 

also, I drew the favorite (hunterrrrr)

You were doing your assigned work in the compound, assisting in picking up scattered debris from last night's violent windstorm, which has calmed for now. You were mostly helping to move fallen trees or large branches that'd ended up in front of important structures.

The roads had been covered in the snow that'd drifted from the snowbanks created by the rarely used plow truck. The worst part? It has a sharp, icy crust on top of it, and stepping into any snow higher than your shoes would cut or scrape your skin and clothing, and it made plowing all the harder... at least it was fairly pretty.

You knew where the rest of your group would be at and what work they were assigned, with Ellis working on the plow truck, Coach teaching some youngsters how to deal with a winter like this, Nick was being experimented on, and Rochelle was foraging for god knows what.

It was fairly calm today- well, as calm as it could be, during a windstorm. No horde banging on the outside walls, no one's house was burning down, C.E.D.A wasn't shooting someone point blank for acting weird, and no fistfights on the sidewalk- not like there was much of one anymore, considering it was buried deep under the snow...

It was nice. Calm days were always very appreciated, as it was just a day for your busy mind to be quieter. You looked up at the massive plants that dwarfed you, as you picked up a large branch from the snow.

The spindly birch trees that towered over the buildings within the compound, bare of any leaves, creaked and moaned in the wind. The bitterly cold air harshly nipped at your sensitive face, making you wish you had something to cover it.

You were suddenly startled by a loud voice practically right behind you. "Hey, y/n!"

You yelped in alarm, dropping all but one branch, and you whipped around, wielding that branch like it was a club. You saw it was just Ellis- the southern goober you loved to hang out with.

"Oh, hey El." You sighed with relief, lowering your stick. You felt kind of embarrassed, realizing that you were about to club the mess out of Ellis out of fear.

"Keith, Dave, 'n I was wonderin' if ya wanted to come play truth or dare with us, near the woods." Ellis asked, smiling a big, toothy grin at you. You paused, thinking about his offer. "Alright, why not? I'll bring these branches to burn." You chuckled, agreeing as you cast a quick glance at the dropped wood. "Alright! Just follow me, once ya get the wood, 'kay?" Ellis instructed, before stepping back to give you some space.

You bent over and picked up the dropped branches. Dry, crispy birch limbs were great firewood! Once you had the heavy bundle of gnarled wood held together by your left arm and side, you began to follow Ellis.

You felt incredibly silly, carrying these branches that were almost, if not completely longer than your body. You could only imagine how goofy you looked. You trudged through the deep snow, enjoying how the sharp, icy crust crunched under your feet with each step. It couldn't have been thicker than two centimeters, though.

"Damn, y/n! I ain't ever seen weather like this 'fore!" The southern man said with surprise. He'd never experienced snow before, much less two feet of it! This was all such a shock to him.