Chapter 10

Voices. Nightmares. These are the two things that'd been bothering me since I'd arrived at this place.

The light filled in my vision, bringing back my sights as I pushed myself up into a sitting position. I squinted my eyes as I felt the intensity of the lights was beginning to be an irritation to my eyes.

I spread my arms around, attempting to reach out to any wall around me. When I stretched my arms out, extending them at their furthest, I still couldn't get in touch with any wall or any object. I raised a hand and rubbed my eyes, obliviously making myself comfortable.

When my vision returned, my eyes widened, my jaw dropped. I was sitting in an entirely different room, as large as an empty warehouse. The walls remained the same color as the dull white and gray in the previous room I was in. The room was tremendously larger than the previous room, the ceilings were exceptionally taller and the space was wider in this room.

My gaze landed on the window on the higher part of the room, assuming that this is a room about two stories high. By the wide range of the window, I could tell that it is an observation room though there's already one observation room on the lower floor.

I didn't understand why there's two observation rooms, nor was it any useful as it made me feel as if something's watching me without my consent.

The room was wide and spacious, there's no furniture around here other than the empty bucket left beside the metal door to the observation room.

At first, I couldn't believe that I'm still in the same scientific facility as last time. My first impression of this place is the fact that they have a low budget for the buildings. They are broke, and couldn't afford any better security, thinking that a locked door would keep a prisoner in a cell forever.

But I'd been wrong then, they'd moved me into a larger room, futuristic and more secured compared to the last one. I didn't think they had a tremendous amount of money to build up all these secured walls to keep an experimental subject imprisoned. Moreover, the subject isn't any powerful gods other than a teenage girl with shaky hands whenever someone tries to hurt her.

So, where did all this wealth come from?

For a moment, I feel like I'd been transported to another scientific facility, one which has more high technological structures built specifically for this research. But I doubt that they could move me to another building in whatever country it's in without me noticing or attracting the outsiders' attention.

I had been unconscious for an extended period of time, in which I couldn't tell if I'd been sleeping for a day or a week. That electrocution had sent me away from my body for a period of time.

I'd been free from my cell for about an hour, and got captured again with me walking back into their grasp unknowingly, but I'd gotten a little information of the scientific facility nonetheless. The information which I wouldn't even be able to picture in my head if I hadn't gone out there to explore. Though I was put back into a cell, an even more secured cell, I'd gained something in return and began collecting hints of escaping.

I walked to the observation window at the same level as where I stood, attempting to peek through it to see if there's a way out but the blinds covered every bit of the room behind it.

I sighed and walked to the corner of my cell, sitting against the wall, recalling what happened on the day I escaped my cell. I remember all the hallways I'd run past, the mark I made in the wall, the young boy I'd stumbled upon.

All these places are well memorized in my head, but the clearest image I'd gotten was the time I stumbled back into my cell and the tone the captain used for teasing me as I deliberately walked back into the cage I'd just escaped from.