Chapter 9 I A Star is Born

(ALEX'S P.O.V)

It was 3 months later.

I was sitting on the couch in our house.

Isabelle walked in and sat down next to me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, and she leaned in. I kissed her on the top of her head.

"Will you come with me to Adelaide?" I asked.

"Can't. I've got a show this afternoon to promote the song I wrote in the diner." She replied.

I felt disappointed.

"Ok," I replied in a disappointed tone.

"But once my show ends, I'll fly over and see you." She said.

I no longer felt disappointed. In fact, I felt happy.

"I'll call you once I finish the show," I said.

She nodded. I stroked her cheek, and she smiled, and I smiled too.

It was an hour later.

I was in my dressing room getting changed into a white tank top.

Once I got changed, I sat down on the chair in front of the table and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at the desk and noticed an empty glass and an entire bottle of whiskey.

I decided to drink it.

I grabbed the bottle of whiskey with one hand and took the lid off with the other. I put the lid down on the table. I poured the bottle into the glass.

Once the glass was almost full, I stopped pouring and grabbed the lid. I put the lid back on the bottle, and I put it back down on the desk. I let go of the bottle. I grabbed the glass with one hand, and I chugged down the whiskey. As I was chugging, I could hear my throat gulping.

Once I was done, I put the glass on the table. I repeated.

It was 3 minutes later.

I had 4 glasses of whiskey.

I was drunk.

I checked the time on my black and silver analog watch.

It was 7:50 PM.

I still had enough time to do drugs.

I put my black army boot on the edge of the table and unlaced it.

Once I unlaced it, I took it off and put it on the table. I put my foot back down on the floor. I put my hand in my black skinny jeans front pocket and grabbed my pills. I pulled them out and opened the box. I grabbed a pill. I put it on the table and then closed the box. I put it back in my pocket. I removed my hand from my pocket and grabbed the boot. I lifted the boot above the pill and then brought it down as fast and as hard as I could. I lifted my boot.

There was a crushed pill on the table.

I looked at the bottom of my boot to see if there were any of the pill on it.

There were.

I put my boot on the table so the bottom wasn't touching the table, then scanned the table for anything I could wipe it with.