Chapter 22 I Back Home

(Isabelle P.O.V)

It was 7 months later.

I was on my way to pick up Alex.

I'll be taking her home, and I can't wait.

2 days ago.

I was sitting on the couch watching Us. I jumped when I heard the front door knock. I grabbed the tv remote that was on the armrest and paused it. I put it back down. I stood up and walked to the door. I opened it.

It was Chad.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I nodded my head and walked into the lounge room. He followed me. We sat down on the couch and faced each other.

"The reason why I'm here is to talk about the tour I booked for you." He said.

"Wait, I'm going on tour? I just dropped my album. I'll need a break before going on a tour." I said, stunned.

"Well, you have to." He said.

"Well, can I at least bring Alex?" I asked.

"No, you can't," Chad said.

"Well, it looks like you must cancel it then," I snarled.

I turned away and faced the TV.

"Isabelle, listen to me-" he said

"No, listen to me." I cut him off. "You cancel the tour. Leave now." I snarled.

He got up and stormed out of our house.

"Who does he think he is?" I muttered to myself.

I remembered the flashback. I was still angry with Chad.

I tried not thinking about him and thought about Alex instead.

It was 30 minutes later.

I was at rehab.

Throughout the entire car ride, I couldn't stop smiling.

I parked in the parking lot and hopped out. I walked to the entrance. I saw Alex sitting on a chair, smiling, with 2 suitcases next to her. She saw me and got up. She ran to me, and we embraced.

"I missed you so much, babe," I said happily.

"I missed you too." She replied happily.

I pulled away, and we kissed.

(Alex's P.O.V)

It was 5 minutes later.

We were in Isabelle's car, driving back home.

"Tomorrow, do you want to go to my concert, and maybe we'll perform shallow?" She asked happily, smiling.

"Sure, I'd love to," I replied happily, smiling

It was an hour later.

I was at home exploring our house.

I had forgotten what it looked like, so I needed to explore it.

Isabelle was at the shops buying some ingredients for tonight's dinner.

We're having roast pork, potatoes and salad.

There was a knock on the door. I walked to the front door and answered it.

It was Chad.

"Oh, Isabelle isn't home," I said.

"I don't want to talk to her. I want to talk to you." He said seriously.

I stepped aside so he could come in. He came in.

"I'll lead you to the lounge room," I said.

I took the lead, and he followed. We sat down on the couch and faced each other.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want to back off. Right now, Isabelle thinks she loves you; I can tell she doesn't. You are an alcoholic and drug addict, and I don't want you're influenced ruining her. I can ruin your life right now by exposing the real you, a monster who only cares about yourself. I hate you, and so does Isabelle. We want nothing to do with you. And if I see you anywhere near her, I will call the police. Got it?" He said.

I nodded my head. He got up and left.

After that, I was staring blankly at the wall.

I was feeling depressed and angry at myself.

I can't believe she hates me. She only wanted to date me for clout. How can I be so foolish? I should have never married her. I should have never dated her. I should have never invited her to perform at my concert. I should have never hung out with her.