Chapter 1

Peter groaned. It felt like they were walking through the snow for hours now.  He still didn't quite process what was happening. Narnia was real, but that wasn't even the weirdest part of it. Right now, they were following a talking beaver to God knows where.

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall" The beaver said as they walked up a hill and into a passage.

"Of course we don't" Peter said under his breath as they continued to walk.

A little while later they arrived at a house made of tree branches. Lucy was just complementing the beaver on how lovely it looked when another beaver came out of the house. 

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with Badger again, I.." She abruptly stopped when she saw who Beaver had brought with him. "Oh! Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day. Look at my fur! You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?!"

"I'd have given a week if I thought it would've helped" Mr. Beaver replied.

"Oh, come inside, and we'll see if we can get you some food, and some civilized company" Mrs. Beaver said. "Now careful! Watch your step!" Mr. Beaver said as they all entered the house.

"Excuse the mess. Can't get Mr. Beaver out of his chair to do anything" Mrs. Beaver grunted.

They all took a seat, while Mrs. Beaver gave them a cup of tea and something to eat.

Peter decided to cut to the point. "Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" He asked.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's castle. You know what they say. There's few things that go through the gates that come out again" Mr. Beaver replied.

"But there's hope, dear" Mrs. Beaver butted in. "Lots of hope"

"Oh yeah, there's a right but mire than hope!" Mr. Beaver said excitedly "They say Aslan and the Guardian have returned!"

"Who?" Edmund asked, confused.

"Who?" Mr. Beaver laughed. "You cheeky little blighter! You had me for a second!"

The Pevensie siblings all stared confused at the beavers.

"You don't know, do you?" Mr Beaver asked.

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long" Peter reminded him.

"Well, Aslan's the king of it all, top geezer, you could say. He's the real king of Narnia, not that witch!"

"And the Guardian?" Susan asked.

"Well, a very long time ago, Aslan decided to share his powers with another. You could say his right hand, one who could protect the Narnians when he couldn't. One that's immortal, just like Aslan himself." Mr. Beaver explained

"They've been away for a really long time, but now they're back!" Mrs. Beaver said "And they're waiting for you near the Stone Table!"

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked.

"You're bloomin' joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!"

"Well, then..."

"Look. Their return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all because of you!"

"You're blaming us?" Susan askes.

"No! Not blaming you, thanking you." Mrs. Beaver reassured.

"There's a prophecy. 'When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done'."

"You know, that doesn't really rhyme." Susan stated.

"I know it don't, but you're kinda missing the point!"

"It has long been foretold that two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve will defeat the White Which and restore peace to Narnia" Mrs Beaver said, a dreamy look on her face.

Peter couldn't believe what he had just heard. Did those beavers really think they were the ones?

"And you think were the ones?" He asked.

"Well, you'd better be, Aslan and the Guardian have already fitted your army" mr Beaver replied.

"Our army?" Lucy asked, her eyes lighting up.

"Mum send us away so we wouldn't be caught up in a war" Susan said to Peter.
Peter agreed with his sister. 

"I think you've made a mistake, we're not heroes." He told the beavers. 

"Thank you for your hospitality, but we really have to go know" said Susan, as both her and Peter stood up. 

"You can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver said desperately. 

"But, what about mr Tumnus? We have to help him!" Lucy said. 

"I'm sorry Lu, I promised mom I would protect you. We're going, no more discussion." Peter turned around towards his younger brother, except his younger brother wasn't there. 

Peters throat closed up. Where the hell did that boy go? 

"Ed?" Susan called out, nervousness seeping through her voice.
"I'm going to kill him!" Peter grunted.
"You might not have to" Mr Beaver said "has he been to Narnia before?"

————————-

Peter was happy when the beaver stopped after they had run through the snow for what seemed like forever. They had stopped at the edge of the forest, overlooking something that looked like a frozen lake, with a huge ice castle in the middle.

"Edmund!!!" Lucy screamed.
"Shhhh" Mr. beaver shushed her "They might hear you"

Peter was about to run to the castle when Mr Beaver stopped him.
"Stop it, you can't just go there! Then you're playing right into her hands! Don't you realize, she wants to kill you, all of you."

"But we have to save him!" Lucy said.

Mr Beaver grimaced. "I'm sorry, right now we can't do anything. Only Aslan and the Guardian can help your brother now."

"Then take us to them" Peter said.

Yeah, I know. Not much is happening right now. I couldn't just start in the middle of the story, so that's why this chapter (and probably the next one as well) will be a bit more boring. But I promise it's going to be interesting very soon!

-xxx-

Dirt_Face