Chapter 12

Peter finally had fallen asleep when he felt something caressing his cheek. He woke up with a jolt and quickly grabbed his sword. He saw Edmund had woken up as well.

A woman had materialized out of petals in front of them.

"Be still, my Princes" She spoke. "I bring grave news from your sisters"

Edmund and Peter looked at each other before the woman continued.

"The Great Aslan is dead."

"What" Peter whispered "You're lying"

"I'm afraid not, he was killed by the Witch on the stone table instead of prince Edmund."

Peter felt tears forming in his eyes. He had already lost Laura because she ran away, and now he had lost Aslan as well. How on earth was he going to lead the army without them?

Edmund, who saw Peter was upset, responded to the woman.

"Thank you for bringing this news"

The woman nodded and vanished.

Edmund looked at Peter, before sighing

"I'll get Oreius" he said before walking out.

Suddenly a realization hit Peter. Laura probably didn't know anything of this.

He sighed, knowing he had to get out there. He wiped his tears, got up and walked out.

"It's true, what she says" He said to Edmund and Oreius, who were standing over a map.

"Then Laura has to lead us" Edmund responded.

Suddenly a faun came running towards them. "Your highnesses! The Guardian is gone! She isn't in her tent!" He said, out of breath. Edmund looked at Peter, shocked. But Peter only sighed, already knowing this.

"I know, she left this morning." He told the faun. "But thank you for telling me."

The faun left again, leaving Edmund and Oreius looking questionably at Peter.

"Are you going to explain what in the world is going on?" Edmund asked his older brother.

"She left early this morning" Peter simply answered, knowing he would break down if he said more.

Edmund, probably knowing his brother well enough to push his brother further, answered "Then you'll have to lead us."

Peter knew he had to. He owed it to Laura, and to Aslan.

"Look" Edmund said "Aslan believed in you, Laura believed in you."

He paused before continuing. "And so do I."

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire" Oreius spoke "What are your orders?"

Peter looked at Edmund. He decided Edmund was right. He would lead the army. He would kill the White Witch himself.

————————————————————-

Peter sat on Nibbles, standing on top of a rock. The army stood behind him.

Before them the Witch's army neared, Jadis standing in a chariot pulled by polar bears.

Peter felt anger rising up in him while looking at her smug face. She was thinking she had already won.

He looked at Oreius. "Are you with me?"

"'Till death" He responded.

"FOR ASLAN! FOR NARNIA" Peter shouted. For Laura, he thought.