Chapter 13

Peter was extremely nervous as he walked with his siblings through the corridors of Cair Paravel.

They were heading towards the throne room right now, where they would be crowned kings and queens. His siblings had been excited all morning, but Peter wasn't.

He was about to become high king of Narnia, a position he actually didn't want. It also didn't help he hadn't seen Laura since she left the battlefield yesterday. He didn't know where she was, and hadn't heard anything from her.

He was concerned, as he thought about what Laura had told him all those days ago. Had she already returned to the land of Aslan without saying goodbye?

They had arrived at the entrance of the throne room. The large wooden doors were still closed, and Aslan was standing in front of them.

"Sons of Adam, daughters of Eve" He acknowledged them. "Are you ready?"

Lucy nodded, clearly excited.

"Follow me, then" Aslan instructed.

The doors opened, revealing a large crowd and four thrones behind it.

Aslan started walking, the siblings following suit.

Peter looked around him. Everywhere were Narnians, cheering them on.

When they neared the thrones, Peters heart shot through the roof.

On the side stood Laura, wearing a dark blue dress. Her hair was down, a neat braid on top of it. The dress was simple, with no embroidery on it. It was obvious that it was meant to attract no attention.

A/N I couldn't upload the picture here, so the picture at the top is her dress. Feel free to picture any other dress if you want to :)

Peter had never seen her wearing a dress before, as she always wore combat clothing or armor.

She looked gorgeous. When she realized Peter was staring at her, she blushed and gave him a small smile.

It was only when Susan nudged him that he could get his eyes of her.

The siblings stood still in front of the thrones, as Aslan began to speak.

Mr Tumnus came up, carrying a beautiful crown on a red pillow.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you, Queen Lucy the Valiant." Aslan spoke, as Mr Tumnus place the crown on the head of a brightly smiling Lucy.

Mr Beaver came forward, carrying a crown as well.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." Aslan continued as Mr Beaver placed the crown on top of Edmunds head.

Now Mrs Beaver came forward, as Mr Beaver retreated again.

"To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan the Gentle." Susan got crowned as well.

Peter had barely time to wonder who would crown him, as Laura stepped forward, with the remaining crown in her hand.

Peters heart started to beat faster again, and he sincerely hoped he wasn't blushing.

"And to the clear Nothern Sky, I give you High King Peter, The Magnificent." Aslan spoke.

Laura stood in front of him, giving him a small smile. Peter bended down, as he was slightly taller than Laura. She placed the golden crown on top of his head, and walked back to the side again.

The siblings all sat down on their thrones.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the starts rain down from heavens." Aslan spoke.