Chapter 21

Before we start, I just want to say something. Y'all remember the horse that was the love of my life? He died last week. I miss him so so much. And it hurts too much for words. People who have lost a loved one will know what I'm talking about. 

My sweet, stubborn Thunder. I'll always love you. Rest in Peace buddy💔. 

Anyways, that's why it took a little longer. I had almost finished this chapter when it happened, and just didn't want to finish it because it suddenly turned out to be very emotional for me. You'll understand what that means once you've read this chapter. Well, enough whining from me! 

Last chapter guys!!!! Let's gooooo

DISCLAIMER: Some things like torture happen in this chapter, beware if you don't like those kind of things. 

Laura opened her eyes as the wind died down. She was standing on the How, or what was left of it. Most of it had collapsed, except the legde Laura was standing on. Laura felt her heart drop at the sight before her. The Narnian army was completely surrounded by the Telmarine army, which was huge. Catapult were lining the ranks, and bodies were lying everywhere. No wonder Aslan had looked so sad. The Telmarines were butchering the Narnians. Laura spotted Peter in his armour, and Caspian as wel. They were standing at the front of the army, trying to protect the rest. But Laura it knew it wouldn't be enough. She also spotted Nightshade flying over the crowd, probably trying to get the wounded to safety. Thank Aslan they were still  alive. She didn't see Miraz anywhere, but that didn't matter. Laura felt her blood boil. How dare they to invade her homeland, and try to kill her people. They would pay. Laura called on her powers and her connection to the nature, the elements, and instead of feeling powerless like before, she had never felt more powerful than before. The power was surging through her veins. 

She called on the winds, feeling her ice blue energy surrounding her in waves. She steered the winds so she was floating above the Narnian army. No one had seen her yet, as they were too busy fighting. Laura decided to take advantage of that, as she would have lots of soldiers to fight later anyways. She spread her hands, and willed the ground to rumble. She imagined cracks spreading through the ground, swallowing the Telmarines straight to hell. Then she moved her hands in front of her, gathering massive storm clouds while willing the winds to pick up. She spread her hands again, and with flicks of her hands, she shot lighting down on the soldiers. 

She could see the soldiers started to panick, while the Narnians were looking around in confusion. Then they started to notice her, the Telmarines first. They pointed at her, shouting with panicked looks. The Narnians followed their gazes to Laura. They started to cheer. Laura spotted Peter, who had the widest grin on his face. Her heart made a few extra beats. Even though he was in the middle of the battle, he looked gorgeous. His hair was messy, and his eyes sparkled. But Laura couldn't get distracted. She had killed a lot of soldiers with her attack, but there were still hundreds -if not more than a thousand- of them, and soon they would come over their shock. 

Laura heard shouting, and she realized the general had given the order to attack her. Perfect. She made all her elemental powers disappear, and dropped to the ground. She would kill them all by hand. 

Laura ran up to the front, to be the first to meet the Telmarine soldiers. But she hadn't realised that that meant she had to run through all the Narnians. The same people that saw her as a saviour or something. People that wanted to hear her talk, give them orders. They started to crowd her. Laura could use the winds again, but she needed to re-energise a bit before she could use her powers again. She didn't want to repeat last time. Laura saw Peter and Caspian coming towards her as well, but she hadn't time for that now.