Chapter 1

Frank is a guy who doesn't do much with his day. Well, when he's at home, at least. He used to play guitar, but he stopped recently. Most of the time he's at work. He works at the reception desk of the local swimming pool. It's not the best job ever, though at twenty-three years old he can't live without on, because he needs to get some money. And he can't rely on his parents to give him some money, since he's not in good terms with them.

Well, anyway.

To be honest, his job actually bores him. He literally has nothing to do all day, and typically it goes like this :

- Waiting for people to come

- If someone does, go "Hello, how many people?"

- "Okay, it costs blahblahblah"

- "Goodbye, have fun"

- Sitting back on his chair, waiting for people to come again.

And it's like this every day.

The only highlight, the best moment of the day, is in the morning around 7:45 am and in the evening at 6:15 pm.

You're probably wondering why.

Well, if there's anything that motivates Frank to work, it's the lifeguard. Yeah. The lifeguard. He's a tall, black haired man, who's older than Frank, but oh damn, it just makes him so much hotter. He has the most perfect face in the world. And the way he smiles at Frank when he enters into the swimming pool's lobby makes the latter lose control.

Gosh. Perfect.

And when it's time to go back home, Frank makes sure not to leave before the lifeguard does. He wants to see him smile one last time before going to sleep, because he thinks about the guy all night long.

Oh, you REALLY think he jerks off while thinking about the lifeguard ? No way, Frank isn't like that.

Okay, maybe he did it once.

Or twice.

Or, okay, probably about fifty times, but oh well, who cares how many times he did it, right ? No one's counting.

One perk about working at the reception is that there's a large bay window separating it and the pool area. So... You guessed it : he can stare at the lifeguard all day long. The guy always wears shorts and a t-shirt at work. Frank remembers one day someone was drowning and he had to save them. He dived in the water with his clothes, and he came out with his shirt totally wet, and literally glued to his torso. Frank could see everything under the shirt, because it was very transparent due to the water... He was SO glad he was looking at that moment. Imagine if he'd missed that ? He'd never forgive himself.

Frank didn't sleep at all that night.

The name of this perfection is Gerard. Every time Frank hears someone call that name he almost falls. The way his name is pronounced, even if it's by other people who aren't Frank... It sounds so beautiful.

OH ! And wait ! When he greets Frank in the morning, Gerard obviously says his name. It's like: "Hello, Frank !"

And then Gerard says other things, but our sweet baby can't concentrate on what he's saying long enough. He just nods and smiles awkwardly. And Gerard smiles back. God. Frank is an embarrassing person. He's so fucking awkward.

Wait. Do you think Frank is in love with Gerard? Nooo, he's just admiring him. There's no way he's in love with him. No way. He still hasn't talked to him, he can't be in love with him.

Well damn.

Frank is in love with Gerard.

But he has no chance with him, that's for sure. Gerard is so beautiful, while Frank on the other hand, is ashamed of his body. He doesn't like it, it's short, stocky. He even has a little tummy. So he tattooed his skin with many tattoos : on the arms, the legs, the stomach, the neck ; pretty much everywhere, except on the face. He did that to make himself love his body a bit more. Actually, it works, but he still have a low self-esteem. Maybe the reason for that is the fact that he's twenty-three and he still hasn't been with anyone. Romantically, or sexually for that matter. He only experimented that kind of things with himself and his imagination, imagining him and Gerard doing it. And then, back in reality, when Gerard greets him in the morning... all he feels is shame and embarrassment. Like the real Gerard would know of the things Frank does in private. Or that it really happened with the real him. So, he obviously blushes like an idiot each morning they see each other.