Chapter 8

Frank thought about this possibility. But he didn't think it would be the actual reason. So... Gerard is being mistreated by his 'boyfriend' ? Who would even dare to touch him like that ? He's like porcelain ; we must be careful with him. And the way Gerard's 'boyfriend' treats him gets Frank mad.

"WHAT ?? I mean... What ? Why is he doing that... You should tell that to someone who could help you..."

Gerard shakes his head, sadly.

"I can't. Otherwise he will still find a way to find me and keep mistreating me. I can't do that"

"But damn ! You deserve so much better !"

Right after saying that, Frank blushes. By 'so much better', he means... himself. Well, he doesn't think he would be the best boyfriend ever, but he would clearly be a better boyfriend than Gerard's.

Gerard blows his nose again, and looks down.

"Frank, I really, really appreciate you. You're a nice guy. Thank you."

Frank nods. He's so happy right now. Even if he shouldn't...

The lifeguard leans in, as Frank doesn't notice. He's too busy thinking about what Gerard just said about him.

Suddenly, he perks up from his thoughts.

Gerard is kissing his cheek.

He leans back and smiles awkwardly. He's blushing.

Frank doesn't know what to say. He doesn't even know how to react. He's feeling happiness, sadness, confusion and many more emotions.

Why did he just kiss him ? Wait- is actually his theory real ?? Gerard does love him ??

The tall man looks away and sighs.

"Anyway, uh... Gonna... Gonna start working. We're really late, Frank," he says, getting up from the floor.

"Oh- Oh, yeah. You're right."

Oh gosh, how awkward they both are. None of them dares talking about what just happened.

Right now, Frank's mind is messed up. He can't think correctly. What he can only think about is that one sentence :

Gerard just put his lips on my cheek Gerard just put his lips on my cheek Gerard just put his lips on my cheek Gerard just put his lips on my cheek Gerard just put his lips on my cheek Gerard just put his lips on my cheek

Is he dreaming ? No, he's pretty much awake, because he still feels Gerard's soft, wet and cold lips on his skin.

He breathes in and out for a second and gets up as well. He takes back the mop and finishes cleaning the reception. But he's not looking at what he's doing and almost spills out the bucket of water.

"Damn."

He turns his head to look at the bay window. Gerard, in his lifeguard outfit, is leaning against the wall, looking down his feet and waiting for the first customers to come.

He's still as sexy as he was the first day Frank met him.

But one thing has changed. One small thing, but it makes a big difference.

Gerard is smiling.

--------------------

small chapter :') wanted to finish this one quickly to write the next chapter !! i have some ideas :D