Chapter 11

The sound of the phone echoes in the swimming pool. Frank picks up the phone.

"Hello, you're calling the local swimming pool. What can I do for you ?"

"Hello sir," a woman says. "I'd like to reserve for eight people on the next Tuesday. It's for a birthday."

The woman tells him her name and Frank writes down on his computer the infos. He wishes her a good day and hangs up.

He sighs and looks at the bay window.

Obviously, Gerard isn't there. A new person is replacing him for the month. And from what he understood, he's named Bob and will be a new colleague here. He haven't talked to him a lot yet, but he was cold and not talkative at all.

Well at least Gerard will come back in a month.

He thought about finding Gerard's contact infos in the computer, but... wouldn't that be weird to do ?

He can't help himself... as always.

He opens the employees files and... bingo ! Gerard's file is there, and his phone number is written on it.

He finds his phone and enters the phone number, then opens a chat. He types:

"Hey, it's Frank. I'm juste sending this message to be sure you're okay. I hope you don't mind me writing to you. Here at the swimming pool there's a new employee, who will stay there when you come back. I guess we'll have a new colleague. Have a good day !"

He presses 'send', and remembers right after that he forgot saying where he found his number.

Oh shit, I hope he won't think I'm a stalker...

Wait but I am a stalker, am I ?

He quickly types another message:

"Oh and I found your number in the computer. Sorry for that..."

But then again a thought comes to his mind.

What if his boyfriend checks his phone and sees these messages ? It would get Gerard in trouble.

What a mess you are, Frank.

He sighs and gets up, going to the employees room, looking for something to eat. It's only 11am but he's already hungry.

He opens the door and finds his backpack, which he opens and takes out his cereal bar. He's about to leave the room when something gets his attention. It's a small piece of paper, folded in four, standing on the table. What could it be ? Some notes ?

He walks back to the table, picks up the paper and opens it, even if it's probably something personal that he shouldn't read.

He reads the first words and immediately closes the paper.

I think this is actually the paper that Gerard hid in his pocket last time...

This is clearly this one paper. But he didn't write his thoughts, as he told Frank. No, it's not that.

It's a poem. With Frank's name.

He touches his cheek, feeling the warmth on his palm. Damn, is he dreaming, again ? Fuck, it really seems like Gerard loves him. But Frank can't believe it. And he will never believe it unless he hears it coming from Gerard's mouth.

He opens back the piece of paper and read it again.

~

Frank,

Your eyes are like the brightest stars,

And your smile makes me so happy,

You're the only one healing my scars,