Chapter 14

Frank drove them both to his house. In the car, Gerard was looking at the window, not saying anything. He seemed to be thoughtful.

Frank can't stop thinking about what happened. And mostly the fact that he told him he loves him. Does it mean Gerard will become his boyfriend ? Isn't it too early ? I mean, he just left his ex boyfriend, and now Gerard would have to deal with another boyfriend ? Doesn't he want a little break ? This idea doesn't want to leave his mind.

When they arrived at his home, which is an apartment, he helped Gerard getting out of the car, and they took the elevator to get to his floor.

He's now opening the door, letting him get inside.

"So, yeah, it's my home. It's not as big as your house, but I hope it's okay."

"Don't worry," he says, with a small voice.

Frank walks inside and turns on the light.

"Do you want me to give you something to apply on your hip to make it not hurt that much ?"

Gerard nods, and Frank goes in the bathroom to find some ointment.

"You can go in this bedroom for the night," Frank informs, walking back towards Gerard with the ointment in a hand, pointing at the free room with the finger of his other hand.

Gerard nods once again, in silence.

Frank told Gerard to sleep in the guest room, and not with him, because they are not in a relationship, it would be weird, right ? And he probably wants to be alone right now, not with someone. It could surely make him remember about William.

He opens the door of the guest room and turns on the light.

"Here, sit down."

Gerard sits down on the bed and puts his crutches down. He takes the ointment that Frank is handing him and looks at it, not saying anything.

"Hey..."

"Can you turn around while I apply it ?"

Frank immediately turns red.

What an idiot you are, Frank. Obviously he doesn't want you to look at his bare hip. You fucker.

"O-Okay... Yeah, of course."

He leaves the room for a moment, tapping his fingers on his other hand, nervous about the idea of letting Gerard sleep in his house.

After five good minutes, he comes back in the room. Gerard is still sitting on the bed. He still has his pants on, and the ointment is still in his hands.

"You didn't put it on ?" Frank asks, worried.

Gerard lifts up his head to look at Frank, then looks back at the floor.

He still doesn't say anything.

Damn, Frank wants him to be okay, why can't he help him ?

He sits next to him and hugs him, sighing.

"It'll be fine. I promise you."

Gerard doesn't react. He just lets himself being hugged by Frank.

"I'll put the sheets on, and get you a pillow."

He nods, still lost in his thoughts.

Of course his behavior is understandable, after what happened to him. He dared to break up with his boyfriend, and Frank really thought he'd never be capable of doing that. But the situation is clearly worrying Frank.

When he finishes putting the sheets on the bed, Gerard sits back on it and lays down.

"Don't you want me to give you pajamas ? You know, you can get as comfortable as you need."