Five

Today Demi went back to school. She hasn't seen Billie in a few weeks, so everything was basically normal.
   Until she got to English class.
She sat down and grabbed her notebook when Billie walked in angrily.
   She slammed her stuff down on the table and snapped her head towards Demi.
   "Give me your number." She said, whispering a bit.
   "What!? Billie you told me-"
Billie snatched the notebook out of Demi's hands and slammed it on the table.

   929-473-9408
Use it, don't forget

"Just don't call me unless it's a real emergency." Billie said while gathering her stuff up to leave early.
    Demi was confused.
Why would Billie giver her a number she couldn't call unless it was an emergency.
    "Demi. Turn to page 364 or leave the classroom." Mr. Nicolas said making everyone look back at her.
Her anxiety spiked again.
But this time she didn't run and cry. She just looked down and tried to forget that there were at least 30 teenagers looking at her.
She felt their gaze burn into her skin.
She grabbed everything in an instant and went running. Just like she told herself not to do.
She sat in the library until the bell rang. Finally it's time to go home.
She grabbed her bag and slid her phone into her pocket and headed out the door, until she noticed Billie standing outside the door crossing her arms.
"Why did I fucking give you my number if you aren't going to text me and let me know somebody was fucking with you?" Billie bellowed deeply.
"Nobody was messing with me Billie. I just got overwhelmed and left." She replied truthfully.
"Your friend is waiting in the main parking lot for you. Better go." Billie walked away from Demi coldly.
     Demi looked down, avoiding eye contact with Billie as she walked passed her.
"Hey Alex." Demi said while getting into the front seat.
"I knew you'd come around. You okay? Why the long face?" Alex was always so caring. It'll be so cliché if Demi happened to fall in love with her. But she couldn't help it. She couldn't help it at all.
"No no. I'm okay. Just tired." Demi responded while grabbing her best friends hand while she pulled out of the bumpy parking lot.
Alexia was Demi's only friend for.. since forever.
Since 5th grade. Sure they'd argue, fight and get mad at each other but that's what best friends do. They act like your sibling, cause fights and then just love you unconditionally.
That's the best part.
"Wanna hang tomorrow? I'd say we could hang today but I have finals next week and I have to study tonight." Alexia said while pulling infront of Demi's house.
"Definitely." Demi smiled, leaning over the center console and hugging her best friend tightly.
"Good. Pick you up at 2?"
"Yeah. See you, love you, miss you." Demi jumped out of the car and went to sit in the porch for a bit when Billie pulled up.
"Hey. Crybaby. Come here." She shouted from the car.
Demi sighed a bit and walked up to her car.
"Don't just stand there. Get in." Billie said while rolling up the windows.
Demi looked around making sure her siblings weren't snooping before climbing into the car.
"What?" Demi asked.
"Nothing. Why do you always have to have that attitude? I was just wanting to hang out with you but damn."
Billie lit the blunt and sped off.
"Billie I- Demi quit complaining. We're going to my friends house." Billie cut Demi off and kept driving.
And then they arrived.
"Demi. This is Gio, Dario and Ryder. Boys this is Demi."
"Nice to meet you Demi." Gio smiled widely while trying to pass the blunt to her but Billie stood up.
"She's not fucking smoking. Pass that shit to someone else." Billie was furious. But it wasn't her fault.
It was Demi's fault for smoking and drinking that night.
"Yo chill out man. She's not a baby. Let her live." Dario said while shoving Billie.
"Stop. I don't want to smoke. Just stop. Billie can we leave?" Demi was getting scared. Something like this happened a while back with her ex. Her anxiety spiked.
Her hands were shaking really bad and Billie sighed.
"Yeah. Come on."