Twenty nine

Today is the day. Moving day, the most stressful thing ever, especially now, with a toddler.
    "Mama come on. The Uber is here!" Billie said from the bottom of the stairs, holding the little girl.
    Demi came running down the stairs with a backpack in one arm and diaper bag in the other.
    "Take her, I'll grab these and the car seat." Billie took one last look at the house as the movers finished taking the last few boxes to the truck.
    "They'll meet us there in two days. You're gonna love the new house. It's beautiful." Billie smiled, kissing Demi on her cheek before they headed out of New York for the last time.

*many hours later*

Billie and Demi walked into the new house, the toddler running inside before the two.
"Oh my fucking god." Demi said in awe, gazing at the beautiful house with her eyes wide open, her brown eyes coated in a shiny glaze, turning to Billie with her hands covering her mouth.
She jumped on Billie, hugging her tightly.
"You outdid yourself baby." She said, making puppy dog eyes.
    "Cmon aria baby. We're gonna go buy you a big girl bed and some toys. Bring your elephant." Billie smiled, reaching out to grab the toddlers hand.   
     Billie had bought a car in advance here, so they took that.
    Demi strapped the blonde baby into her car seat and they headed to shop for things for the house.
    They didn't need much, Billie had people come in and furnish the house before they moved in.
"What kind of big girl bed are you getting little bean?" Billie grinned while looking in the mirror.
"Big one like at mommy house. I miss my mommy." Aria pouted.
"Hey it's okay. Do you want ice cream?" Demi quickly said, tapping Billie on the shoulder.

*later back at home*

After building arias new bed Billie started on dinner while Demi chased aria around the house, making her giggle echo throughout the large house.
"Mama!" She screamed running into the kitchen, clinging onto Billie's pants.
Billie and Demi locked eyes in that small second.
Billie's heart nearly sank when she called her "mama".
"It okay I call you mama?" Aria tilted her head, reaching out to Billie.
"Of course doll. Do you like spaghetti? I'm making spaghetti for din din." Billie poked the tiny blondes nose making her laugh a bit.
   "Yeah." She plainly responded, reaching out to Demi.

Not even 5 months have passed since they moved to California and aria has warmed up to Demi and Billie a lot.
   "Mommy. Ele. Ele mommy.." Aria cried while tapping the sleeping girl.
"Hm Bebe? Que pasa?" Demi groaned, turning over to see the toddler on the side of the bed.
"Ele." Aria mumbled.
Demi got up, bringing the toddler with her to her own bedroom.
Demi placed her in the bed and began the search for the grey elephant.
"Ah. Here he is." Demi smiled, reaching under the bed.
She placed the elephant on the bed with the splitting image of Billie and sat on the side of her bed.
"Do you want snuggles muffin?"
"Yes mommy." Aria snuggled close to Demi's chest and closed her eyes, and not too long after, Aria was fast asleep.
Demi carefully tucked her in and scooted out of the bed to go back to bed with Billie, but Billie was now wide awake.
"What took so long baby?" Billie asked while turning the light on.
"She wanted snuggles, now I want them too." Demi crawled onto Billie's lap and held her tightly. Billie then slid her hands up the back of Demi's shirt and rested them on her sides.
"I missed you baby." Billie whispered.
"What do you mean? I haven't left your side since we got here?"
"I mean I miss you. We didn't get to spend any time together and I'm sorry for that mama." Billie gently planted kisses on Demi's lips, her hands holding her jaw softly as their lips collided smoothly.
"Ava and Aj are coming down in the morning. Maybe they can watch over Aria for a few hours so we can have some alone time." Demi whispered, cuddling closer to her girlfriend.
"I'll think about that Dem. Go to bed now."