Twenty eight

"Where mommy?" Aria whimpered, her voice still sounding sleeping as Demi bounced her, trying to distract her from the gunfire outside.
"She is getting you a surprise baby.. let's see what kind of toys we can find Kay?"
The blonde haired toddler nodded, still looking worried with her wide, blue eyes.
And then Billie ran downstairs, her shirt covered in blood.
"Come on. Now! Bring Aria, grab her elephant and let's go!" Billie said in a panic.
Demi quickly picked up the toddler and wrapped her in a blanket, grabbing the stuffed elephant and running out the back door behind Billie.
They jumped in the car with the crying baby and sped away.
"What fucking happened?" Demi panicked, buckling the little into a seatbelt.
Demi sat in the backseat with the toddler to ensure her safety since they didn't have time to grab a car seat.
"We were followed by that girl. The one that... drugged you. And her leader. They're dead now and so is... Melissa. And Aria is my biological child, I gave her up for adoption so she'd be safe.. but now she has to grow up with us. We're moving to California." Billie tried to get it all out in one breath but it didn't work.
Demi could see the small trail of tears run down Billie's face as she talked.
As soon as they arrived at home Billie jumped out leaving Demi and the toddler in the car, she checked the house before they went inside.
And then Demi grabbed the sleeping girl and brought her inside, lying her on the shared bed and staring at her.
"You have a baby..." Demi said quietly.
"I took care of her for a month after she was born. Nobody knew about her so I illegally gave her up for adoption. I just passed her onto Melissa who used to be in the mafia along with us. I wanted her to be safe but now she's back in this house... I don't want to fail her Demetria I really don't." Billie paced around the room, attempting to light a blunt but Demi stopped her.
"It's going to be okay. She's safe with us. Go smoke this away from her though... maybe in your office. I'll meet you there after I order her a car seat." Demi placed a kiss on Billie's lips and watched her walk out of the bedroom.
And then Demi snatched the laptop off of the nightstand and began researching the best car seat for a toddler.
She found one that'll arrive in the morning. It's all she needs for now until they move anyways.
Demi placed the order and looked over at the toddler who was making up.
"Mommy?" She whined while sitting up.
"Hey.. shhh it's okay." Demi whispered picking the girl up and patting her back until she fell back asleep.
And then Demi met Billie in her office.
Billie was stressing bad, she was pacing back and forth while smoking and then Demi spoke up.
"Bil. It's gonna be okay. I promise it will." Demi ran her hand down Billie's shoulder and kissed her lips.
"I'm done with this gang shit Demi. I need to act like a fucking mother."
"Okay my love. You need to relax, maybe take a bath? I'll cook a late night dinner for the three of us. That should give us a little bit of relaxation." Demi kissed Billie's lips once more and walked into the bedroom, seeing that the toddler was awake, sitting there with her elephant.
"Dem dem." Aria slid off of the bed and tugged at her shirt, just wanting to be held.
"Hi sleepy baby. Are you hungry?" Demi asked while walking down the stairs cautiously.
"Mhm." Aria hummed.
"Hmmm do you like... pizza?" Demi crinkled up her nose and tickled the toddler making her giggle loudly.
"Yes yes! Pizza!" She laughed out loud.