Ten

"The fuck did you just say to me?" Billie spat while grabbing ahold of Demi's arm.
"I told you I don't want to be here with you anymore. I've been away from home for two whole ass months. It's torture being here." Demi said while Billie pushed her into the car.
"I'm gonna take you home. You get taken, beat and killed it's not my fault. Crybaby."
   Billie drove in silence while Demi just sat there, crying as quietly as possible.
   "I don't know why you're crying, but you need to stop."
   "I'm never going to be as tough as you Billie. Stop trying to make me like you. I can't be you."
    Billie stopped the car and looked over at Demi, her eyes softening as the girl cried and hiccuped.
    "Please stop crying Demi. I'm sorry." She whispered.
    "Now you're sorry?"
Billie sucked in a deep breath and turned the car around, taking her back to the safe house.

*The next day*

"Billie. I want to start working." Demi said, playing with her hands.
"What? Why would you need to? I have loads of money."
"But your money isn't my money." Demi stood up and grabbed the spare phone her and Billie shared for the time being.
"Billie this phone is beeping? What's happening?"
Billie snatched the phone out of Demi's hand and slammed it onto the ground.
"Cmon. Get your shit we're leaving." Billie grabbed a bag and began stuffing their belongings into it as quickly as possible.
They ran out to the car and got in, speeding out of the garage and heading back towards the city where they live.
"Billie? I'm scared." The brunette whimpered while laying her head on the door.
"Don't be. It's gonna be fine."
A few hours later they were home, Billie was running the bags into hers and her brothers shared house before coming back to retrieve the sleeping brunette.
Thankfully she didn't wake up as Billie carried her up to the bed, however she did once Billie shut the light off and closed the door.
She sat up, eager to check the time.
It's 3am.
Great.
Billie came back into the room about 45 minutes later, it seemed as if she had just showered.
"When did you wake up?"
"Three on the dot." She responded quietly.
"Finneas made dinner. I was just coming to get you to join us."
Not even another hour passed and Billie and Demi were back in bed, plainly ignoring eachother while Billie read her book and Demi watched the television.
"Who's that talking so loudly?" Billie grumbled while getting up.
She stomped out the door and went down to see two men standing infront of Finneas.
"Hey! Have you seen Demi? She's been gone for almost three months." The boy said while running up to Billie.
"She's upstairs, who are you?" Billie asked while stepping back and peering into the boys fearful eyes.
"Her boyfriend."

What?
Billie's heart paused for a second and she turned around to walk upstairs to retrieve the girl.
"Stay there." Billie demanded.
"Hey Demi? Your... boyfriend is downstairs asking about you." Billie said with a bad attitude.
"Billie. I don't have a boyfriend. Please make him leave."
"He's asking for you. You go make him leave." She said, loading the gun and placing it in her waistband.
Demi got up and Billie closed the door before she could walk out.
"Pants." She said, motioning to the sweatpants on the bed. She really didn't want Demi going downstairs in just shorts.
But Demi complied and went downstairs to confront the man.
As soon as she saw him, she ran back up to Billie who had already been pointing the loaded gun at him.
Immediately he started shooting and Demi ducked, trying to avoid the stray bullets flying in every direction.
Finally he got shot, causing the gun to fly out his hand as he began bleeding from his mouth.
Then Demi saw Billie, her bloody hand covering her shoulder.
"Billie!" She cried while limping up the stairs.
"Leave me alone. I'll be fine." Billie said walking back into the bedroom.