Eighteen

"Demi what are you doing? You're not supposed to be up here!" Ava gasped as Demi searched the attic with a small flashlight.
   "Dad was in the mafia. Wasn't he?" She said while grabbing a stack of photos.
    "Demi I-"
"Was he or was he not?" Demi cut off her older sister while handing her a small stack of photos.
   "Yes.. yes he was. Why is it relevant. He's dead now."
   "He's not dead. Stop lying to me, I've been lied to my whole life. He should be dead for doing that to mom!" Demi snatched the photos from her sister and went to her room.
   She googled her dads name.
To search for any information.
    She was hoping to see a site for obituaries but she saw something different.
    It was his entire criminal record.

  Wanted for manslaughter
Murder
     Domestic abuse
Child neglect
    Robbery
Felony Charges

It also said his... address.
   Weird.
Demi googled the address and saw it wasn't too far from her house so she put on shoes and grabbed her bag.
   She held the small knife that Billie gifted her in the palm of her hand before tucking it into her pocket.
   She walked in the rain to her so called fathers house and once she got to the doorstep of the run down place she knocked twice.
    She heard a gun click from inside and backed away from the door.
   "Im looking for Douglas. Douglas Sullivan." She confidently said.
   "Hes dead. He died ages ago." A man said from inside.
   "My name is Demetria Sullivan. Im looking for my father." She knocked again with sass and finally someone opened the door.
"Demi?" The tall man said.
"Are you Douglas?" She asked while holding out pictures.
"I am."
"I just wanted to thank you for giving me a liftetime of anxiety and nightmares. What you did was fucked and you should be rotting in prison."
Demi walked away and saw Billie standing there, her arms crossed.
"The fuck you want?" Demi mumbled while walking passed her.
"You shouldn't be here Demetria."
"He shouldn't be here either. She should be burning in hell for what he did to my mom. Infront of me and the twins. He should be ashamed of himself!" Demi screamed with tears in her eyes.
Demi began walking, the puddles underneath her splashing with every step she took.
"Demi get in the car you're gonna get sick yet again." Billie said while driving beside her.
"You said you don't wanna see me again so bye. Go be with your hoes." Demi took a sharp turn into an alleyway but Billie still followed her.
   "Demetria Melanie Sullivan if you do not get into this car I will call your sister."
   "Call her. I don't care. I'd rather be sick and dying somewhere out in the rain than being there with her." Demi turned again, cutting through peoples yards to get home.
   "Please get in the car dude. I'm sorry okay? Is that what you wanted to hear? You're so fucking stubborn."
   "Fuck off." Demi turned to face Billie before walking into the house.
  She ran up the stairs, completely ignoring her sister who was standing right beside the flight of stairs.
   "Hey Ava, Demi?" Billie said while stepping into the house.
   Ava walked away, ignoring Billie.
Billie kicked off her wet shoes at the door and walked up the stairs. She stood outside Demi's door for a few moments before knocking.
   "Go away." She sobbed.
Billie opened the door slowly, stepping into the room to see Demi on the bed crying.
   "I remember I bought you that. I didn't think you'd keep it." Billie said, referring to the stuffed giraffe on the girls bed.
  "Take the stupid toy and leave." Demi threw it at Billie and continued crying.
   "Hey. It's okay. You can cry." Billie sat on the bed and rubbed Demi's back gently, comforting her as she bawled into her grey elephant.
   "Here. Sit up." Billie whispered.
   When Demi sat up Billie placed her hand on top of Demi's, slowly pushing the sleeves of the hoodie up to expose her wrapped wounds.
   "You did it again?" Billie's face softened.
"As if you care. If you cared you would've been nicer." Demi snatched her hand away from Billie and pushed the sleeves back down.
   "Okay. Yes. I'm a jerk, and an asshole but I care... when did you do it?"
   "After I left your house." She quietly responded.
    "Where are they?"
Demi paused and looked around her room.
   She sucked in a breath before pointing to her phone.
   "Case." She plainly responded to which Billie grabbed the phone and removed the purple case.
   Out fell 3 blades.
Billie's heart ached as she collected them from the bed.
  "Is there anymore I should know about?"
  Demi shook her head and took a deep breath.
"I'm gonna sleep. Feel free to leave." She said, tuning off the lamp and shifting her body away from Billie.
   Billie got up and waited for Demi to get comfortable before sitting back on the edge of the bed.
   She tucked Demi in and laid beside her, completely wide awake as the brunette drifted off to sleep.