Sixteen

"Billie pull the car over. Let me drive!" Demi cried as Billie sped on the highway at over 100 miles per hour.
"Billie please. Please you're scaring me. I swear I won't do that again." Demi pleaded, her hand resting on Billie's thigh.
Billie turned to look at Demi with a heartfelt stare.
And then finally she pulled the car over.
She got out and got into the passenger seat, allowing Demi to finally drive the rest of the way to Florida.
There was only 8 hours left of the drive and Billie was passed out in a drunk slumber.
Once they arrived in Florida Demi parked the car and woke Billie up, she was sober enough to help Demi bring everything inside the Airbnb.
They haven't spoken a word since they arrived, Demi was now sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine while Billie was inside unpacking.
About twenty minutes passed and Billie came outside, just watching the brunette sip her wine while looking at the sky.
"Hey. I'm sorry." Billie calmly said.
"Hm? Oh. It's alright Bil. Come sit with me. Put your feet in." Demi cooed while setting her wine on the edge of the hot tub.
"You were just scaring me with your driving. That's all." Demi whispered.
   Billie sat on the edge of the hot tub and dangled her feet inside, her throughs now falling silent when Demi laid her head on her thighs.
    "I really love Florida. Thank you for bringing me here." Demi whispered while Billie just looked at the sunset.
   "You're welcome. I have some calls to make."
Billie walked away and in about 45 minutes Demi decided to go check on her.
   Billie was pacing around the room, her phone up to her ear as low grumbles were heard from the other end of the phone.    
   The next day Billie was even more distant and distracted.
   Demi came up with the idea to go to a near by club to hopefully bring them close again but it was a disaster.
   Billie walked away from Demi who was just sitting on a stool alone.
    Demi was getting worried so she walked onto the balcony but she saw Billie talking to a girl. She was being very touchy and giggly but when she saw Demi her heart sank.   
    Her face fell pale as if she had seen a ghost.
  "Demi I-"
   "Save it Billie. I mean I trusted you. I gave you my virginity and you said I was the girl you wanted. And then you pull this!? How could you." Demi cried while walking away.
   Demi stood outside for an hour chatting with a few drunk girls and then Billie came out looking for her.
    "Yeah. She really hurt me." Demi drunk cried.
    "Awe honey. Listen to me okay? You are beautiful. I doubt she's even worth.." the girl railed off only to feel the cool, metal blade of  a knife against the side of her throat.
   "Demetria. Car now." She demanded.
Demi looked down, her tears striking her cheeks as she began sobbing into the sleeves of Billie's hoodie she borrowed earlier in the day.
   Billie got to the car. She had a horrible attitude, she was so angry her cheeks were rosy.
    "You think I'd fucking break your heart again? And then you go tell people you or I don't even know? You're so fucking... GOD!" 
   Billie sped out of the parking lot and headed to the Airbnb. 
    "Nobody told you to get drunk. You're still underage." 
   "You are too. Stop treating me like I'm a baby. I'm not a baby I'm almost 19!" Demi crossed her arms and laid her head against the window of the speeding car.    
    "I'll stop treating you a baby when you stop acting like one. Now get your ass into that house and change your clothes. Hopefully you're all grown up and ready to talk." Billie pointed up the stairs and watched the girl stomp up then, her arms still crossed and she mumbled curse words under her breath.
   The brunette slammed the bathroom door and sat against it, crying into her hands as quietly as possible. But Billie still heard her cries and choked back sobs.
   "Open the door." She said quietly while jiggling the metal knob.
   Demi hesitantly opened the door only to be met with Billie's worried eyes.
    "Let me check your arms first." She calmly whispered.
    Pulling pushed back the black sleeves of the hoodie to expose her wrists which were only covered in fading scars.   
    "I'll run a bath. Sit tight."