chapter 8: Singing with us like the old times

No one pov

After some cold water on paleontologist's face and more explanation for part of scientist he decided to talk with his team (author breaks wall again, at this rate I'm just going to use an invisible door lmao, again I'm using the first letter of their names
Paleontologist: P
Foot soldier: Foot soldier (prevent confusion with football star)
Dr toxic: Dr t
Camo ranger: Cr
Football star: Fs
Hockey star: Hs

P: "Guys sooo here's the thing so this zombie here is a friend of mine"

Fs: "How friend he? Moar than me??!"

P: No,nonono!!, of course not! you know no one can replace you ok? big guy"

Fs: "mmph" *even at his expression he looks happy*

P: "I know I usually don't ask you guys for favors and less personal favors but... If Zomboss discovers where he was this may get out of control for he and for us"

Dr t: "so do we have a plan or we just throw bunch of stuff at Zomboss?"

P: "yes, we are going to tell Edgar what we discussed and include-"

??: "Tell me what"?

Now everyone was looking at the position of the unknown voice, just to gasp at the sight it was Zomboss himself and worst they didn't manage to practice what to tell about scientist

Zomboss: "ahh my dear elite team so I was starting to worry that something may have happened to you I can replace everyone but... You!! *He was saying all this with so much calm until he noticed scientist* Didn't I sent you to deliver a letter?!?! *Now he was in front of scientist the mere presence of the older zombie was making everyone uneasy and poor scientist was paralyzed of fear*

Scientist: "I- I  de- delivered it safely...!"

Zomboss: *he was stunned but managed to control in time* "well WHAT ARE YOU doing with elites?!? I should erase you for this offense!!" *Just before Zomboss was going to do something else there was someone who intervened without hesitation, and for scientist surprise it wasn't paleontologist*

Fs: "boss he with us, he helped with us mission" *now football star was hugging with one hand at scientist as if he were with his gymbro*

Zomboss: "pardon me?" (That is unexpected especially for an all star, but if this is the friend of paleontologist... He has showed signs of favoritism towards the scum... I don't trust him) *and again just as Zomboss was going to shout and tell THAT was a lie again he was stunned by the next dialogue of the next zombie*

Foot soldier: "he with us, my code can't let me lie, he completed every order of superiors, we happy with his results"

Zomboss: "He- you what??"

Dr toxic: "yup that's right he even helped us to detect the anomaly"

Zomboss *seeing the opportunity to strike* "and what was that anomaly? If I can know?"

Everyone on his mind

P: (shit he's not going to tell the real anomaly because he wasn't really with us I must speak)

Foot soldier: (well turn of me to talk comes again)

Dr t: (meh I'm way too toxic to live so here comes nothing)

Cr: (half truth here comez)

Fs: (what I saw)

Hs: (was it animal?)