Why me- Vik

As we got to know each other, Vik's passion for gaming became evident. It was more than just a hobby; it was a way for him to unwind, connect with friends across the globe, and unleash his creativity. I soon realized that gaming was an essential part of who he was, and I quickly embraced it.

But there were times, like now, when I couldn't help but feel a twinge of insecurity. His focus on the game often consumed him, leaving me wondering if I could ever match his enthusiasm.

As I lay in bed as Vik was at his desk playing with the sidemen I ask the question that's been on my mind for a while. Why did you marry me?

Vik smiled and kept filming his video with his friends, but he had heard the question and he knew he had to give his answer. He stopped mid laugh and turned to me, his face softening from seeing my genuine curiosity. He moved from where he sat and took a seat beside me on the bed, pushing me gently before tucking me under his arm. He cupped my chin lightly and looked into my eyes, his voice soft and loving as he spoke.

Tears filled my eyes as I waited for Vik's answer. I felt so worthless and unloved in that moment that all I wanted was for him to tell me why he had chosen me out of all the people he could have chosen.

"You know why I married you," he said forgetting about filming. "Out of all people in the world, I chose you because you're the best. You're the person I can always count on, you make me feel safe and secure in our relationship. And when things get tough, you're always there with a hug or a shoulder to cry on."

"But why bother," I argued. "You're this great and successful YouTuber and I'm just a nobody. There had to be something more."

I may be a celebrity, but you are my true star,' he said, his voice full of emotion.

He reached out and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers as if to illustrate his words.

And you aren't worthless,' he said softly. 'I saw something special in you from the moment I met you. Something unique that just felt so right. Every moment we shared together felt like an adventure, and it was something I wanted to be a part of for the rest of my life. Out of all people, it had to be you.'

He paused to collect his thoughts.

Intrigued, I urged him to continue, captivated by the unexpected turn our conversation was taking.

Because I saw magic in your smile, my love," he replied, his voice filled with warmth.

"I knew I could take a chance on you and not be disappointed. You accept me for who I am, and no matter what I do, you're still there, you love me for me, you put up with my bad days and still keep going. You're the kind of person I want to grow old with. The kind of person I could never let go. So that's why I married you, because I love you, and I always will."

A  smile played on my lips, my heart swelling with love for this man before me.

I looked into his eyes, seeing the genuine love and adoration he had for me. The doubts that plagued my mind were slowly fading away as I started to understand the depth of his feelings.

Vik's friends watched in stunned silence, and his wife's eyes filled with tears once again.

The camera shut off, and Vik hugged his wife tightly.

"I love you," he whispered in her ear, and I knew he truly meant it.

Touched by his words, I leaned in to kiss him, feeling the depth of his love in that simple gesture of words.

I smiled through my tears, feeling so grateful to have someone who believed in me and my own potential. I hugged Vik tightly and whispered, 'Thank you, I love you.' We smiled at each other in that moment, and I knew that I had made the right decision in marrying him. He was my champion, and I was his. Together, there was nothing we could not do.

Those were the words I had waited to hear, and why I had married him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 740