Late night- Vik

I awoke from my nightmare with tears streaming down my face. In the tangle of sheets, I found the empty spot in my bed where my boyfriend, Vik, usually slept. He had seemed so comforting before I fell asleep – his words were so tender and his touch was like a blanket of warmth. I expected to find him by my side, holding me close as I fought this nightmare, but instead he was gone. In the dead of night the only place I could find him was at his computer, surrounded by a group of boys, all laughing and joking as they filmed another Among Us video.

I knew the gaming videos were Vick's job, and they paid some of the bills, but it seemed wrong to be filming in the middle of the night. The night that I needed his comforting embrace the most. I bit back the tears and clambered off the bed. I'd sleep on the couch tonight; my loneliness will kept me company. Vik didn't notice my departure, too immersed in his work to see the hurt in my eyes. I had to remember that these were just part of the job, and that he had responsibilities to his friends to make sure they got the video out on time. But, as I lay on the couch staring at the celling, I still couldn't help wondering why Vik couldn't be there for me when I needed him the most. I layed there for a while unable to sleep. Are you awake Vik asks as I hear him come downstairs. I close my eyes in an act to keep my tears at bay hoping he goes away. I'm sorry he whispers kissing my forehead before I hear him leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 292

Bonus chapter. It's short I'm sorry. Who would you like me to do next? Requests are still open.

Have a lovely day/night.