Tension?

A\N: & if y'all don't know about Rajah Wild..

____

Check in >

Sunday, June 11

Sunday, June 11

Continued..

"He said what—"

"Angel, just go. I wasn't even supposed to have you cleaning up anything. If Mami found out I let you clean and you had a rough night? Nunca oiré el final de esto," her brother's voice interrupted as he walked in front of them. Shaking her head, Neissa stood up and declared, "First of all, y'all are gonna stop cutting me off. And second, when did you two become friends?" she questioned, pointing a finger at her brother, who simply smiled in response.

"Look, talk to yo brother. When y'all done, I'm outside in the Trackhawk," Polo declared before ending the call.

Asia nudged Neissa, encouraging her, "Girl, if you don't go out there and get ya mans!" Jada chimed in, "Yeah, Angel, Polo is waiting on y—"

"Wait, wait, wait! This is all happening too fast," Neissa interjected, attempting to catch her breath. She scanned the room, and Vanessa's eye roll prompted a snicker. "Angel, quit being dramatic," Vanessa teased, receiving a playful middle finger in response. Turning to her brother, Neissa sought clarity, "I'm just trying to understand, when did y'all start talking to each other?"

Walking to the kitchen, her brother explained, "Since the day ya ass introduced me to him, I wanted to make sure you was gon be safe." He turned around after grabbing a water bottle, "Your safety, Keissa's, and those girls' safety is very important to me, hermanita. You know this." Neissa nodded, the awareness of the protective shield around them since childhood resonating strongly. All of her brothers, cousins, Jigga, Hackeem, and Ty had consistently fought to ensure their well-being.

Dior's absence during that time, sent away to Chicago by his mother due to behavioral concerns, didn't diminish the support he provided upon his return at sixteen. Neissa found comfort in knowing he, like her brothers, had her back. However, a lingering confusion clouded her mind regarding the incident where she had nearly beaten a girl to death with the collective presence of her protective circle.

I can't really blame anyone but myself for putting my hands on that girl like that.

"Okay, I understand. But someday we're gonna have to take care of ourselves, hermano mayor," she asserted, raising her brows, prompting a teeth-sucking reaction from her brother. While appreciative of the constant shield her brothers offered, she couldn't help but wish they'd focus more on their own lives.