Shattered Peace

Friday12:32 pm

Friday
12:32 pm

Neissa let out a sigh as she combed out the last section of her natural hair, tying it up with a hair tie. The past few weeks had been a whirlwind since she and her friends had officially started their business. Going from house to house across New York, they were steadily saving up for their own store.

They had managed to save fifty thousand dollars already, thanks in part to a generous boost from Asia's brother. Despite the hustle and success, Neissa longed for the stability and security of having their own place of business.

Don't get it wrong; she loved doing lashes and making her clients feel beautiful. But navigating through various neighborhoods, some of which were unfamiliar and potentially dangerous, left her on edge. Her brothers were particularly worried about her safety, often expressing their concerns about her venturing into rough parts of the city. She was often upset and slightly embarrassed of having to go house to house for her clients but she doesn't have much of a choice so she settled for it.

Gotta make this money, right?

Neissa looked down at her phone as it vibrated and she giggled at the text.

Von 🤍
A nigga still waiting on you to come cook for me
Aye Angel where tf my lighter at gang

On Wednesday night, Durk visited Keissa while Von waited in the car. As Neissa was out for an evening walk, she caught Von's eye. They started chatting, and Von rolled a joint to share. During their conversation, Neissa playfully swiped Von's lighter as a joke.

Now, she finds it amusing that Von only just realized it's missing. He mentioned it was his favorite lighter, a cherished gift from a fan who had his face printed on it after a show in Atlanta.

This man so in love with himself, it's crazy.

Neissa could hear her parents arguing downstairs as she meticulously counted the money she and her friends had earned from their mobile beauty business. The total came to fifty-two thousand dollars, and she smiled with pride at their progress. However, her smile faded as her mother's distressed voice grew louder, "You need to get out of my face, right now!"

Alarmed, Neissa dashed downstairs. She found her mother, Rosa, with tears streaming down her face and her father, looking worn and frustrated in the living room.

"Mami, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Neissa asked, taking her mother's hands into hers.

Rosa sniffled, attempting to gather herself. "You know I don't like to trouble you with my problems, mija. I know you, Keissa, and the girls are working hard. But the bills... they're too much. Manny came by yesterday and said we have three days to pay him, or we'll be kicked out."

She took a deep breath, "And there's no money coming from the apartments that abuela left me, your father tries his best to fix the place up but since the firecracker incident the place looks horrible and no one wants to live there. And we have no idea what to do with the land nor the salon, Heaven runs the salon but nobody wants to get their hair done in a building like that and then there's even more bills.."