TRUTH

MALLORY

I walk into the shop with a smile on my face, greeting my customers and asking them if they're well. I haven't been able to stop smiling since leaving Boston. I had so much fun there, and I'm officially off the market. I see Sage behind the counter checking out a customer, she thanks the customer and turns to me.

"Bittttch, stop the press!" Sage says dramatically, staring at me with a knowing smile on her face.

"Hi Sage." I said, smiling at her.

"I mean, look at you!" she says, putting her hands on her hips.

I shook my head at her, trying to hold my little laugh.

"So, tell me everything!" She puts both hands on her cheeks waiting for me. "And I mean, everything..even the sex part."

"Sage!" I said to her in shock, looking around in case any customers heard her. "We didn't have sex." I lowered my voice.

"Why not?"

"Girl, you and these whys." I get up to putting stuff away and take off my jacket.

"I'm just saying, I expected you to get a one and done in." She said, throwing her hands up shrugging.

"Trust me, it wouldnt been a one and done." I said under my breath.

Sage freezes and turns to me surprised, "ooo I like what he's doing to you, keep this energy forevaa!" Snapping her fingers. I bumped her a little as we laughed.

I get all the paperwork out, getting ready to start this inventory process after we close up. It's a drag, but I have no problem doing it because this is what I asked for.

"But seriously, did you have fun?" she asked genuinely.

I tell everything. The matches, the tour around the arena, meeting some wrestlers and I finally tell her that me and Jey made it official.

Sage squeals like a teenage girl, "NOT MY BESTFRIEND GOT CUFFED UP IN BOSTON!" she yells out.

"Sage! Hush!" 

"IM LOVING THIS FOR YOU!"

"Sage!" I said, again trying to get her to lower her voice but I cannot help laughing. "Stop!"

"I'm sorry, it's just been a minute." she said, as she wipes a fake tear.

"Yeah, I know. It's very different."

"Ooo bitch I bet, I can see it all over you! I'm happy for you Mals!" she comes up to hug me. "You deserve to look like this fren."

I nod, hugging her back. I appreciate Sage, she's been through everything with me even the bad when I was pushing her away, she never left. I thanked her. After our little moment, we went back to work. I paused for a second because I realized I forgot to tell her about one more thing.

"Bitch! I have to tell you about this Kelly girl I ran into there!"

"Kelly?" a look of confusion on her face.

"She's a wrestler there, but she was giving groupie." I look at Sage with my brows raised.

"Aww shit" she turns giving me her full attention.

"Yeah, AND...She just barged in Jey's locker room that  Friday night and SHE expected me one to introduce myself to her and two to know who she was."

Sage gives me a look of "come again". Right off the bat she wasn't feeling it either.

"If she doing all...Did they mess around before or something?" She asked

"Exactly what I thought, but he did tell me she's been trying to get with him for months."