Holy Smog (Tommyinnt)

Whatdaya know, I'm back.

(This is set slightly before the end of the most recent Shawny chapter. Meaning, Shawny arrives after this one begins. It's also a little AFTER the start of the next chapter, meaning that Gameknight is going to do his little swimming and some other stuff and THEN do what he does in this one.) 

One positive of not being interested in the Dream SMP anymore is that I don't have to work so hard to reference things. He's just a Gameknight character to me now lol.

Might be character inconsistencies within the fic, sorry, I really don't want to reread all that right now. qwq If you see something, please feel free to (nicely) bring it up! I want this to flow!

Tws: A destroyed landscape, references to murder, a little swearing

Words: 2,411

-

Tommy immediately tried to go to sleep. Literally right there, on the cave floor, with a little bit of leaves thrown down around him. (Was it just him or did they seem weirdly solid?) When he heard Herder laughing, he growled and sat up, "What's your deal?" he hissed, "did I miss you joking or something?"

Herder shook his head no, but he was too busy laughing to say anything else for a few moments. Tommy frowned, but he had to admit that he was getting curious about what could possibly be funny about just trying to sleep comfortably. "What is it?" He asked again, and Herder finally managed to stop laughing (if only for just long enough to tell him what it was.)

"You have to be in a bed to sleep," he said, his voice back to being soft and quiet, even though it was occasionally broken by a snicker or two, "I guess wherever you come from really is different from here."

Tommy felt himself blush in embarrassment, even though that probably shouldn't have been embarrassing, and covered it with a harumph. "Then let's get back to the village," he said, standing up and brushing non-existent leaves off of his blue jeans and iron armor combo, "before I change my mind about our agreement."

Herder nodded and quickly hurried away, heading back up the tunnel they had dug. As Tommy followed him though, he couldn't help but smile as Herder's partially suppressed laughs echoed down behind him. For some reason, being here felt like home, and Herder felt like a friend, despite the fact that he had just proposed a very dangerous idea for Tommy to carry out. (But, he supposed, emotions conflicted as he thought about his friends back in the Dream SMP, that was no different from usual.)

When he got back to the camp there was a sunset overhead. Digger had finished worrying over his children and was now talking to Crafter about something. Herder was messing around with the leader of his wolf pack, which Tommy suddenly realized had been guarding the camp so effectively that he had completely forgotten about them. As soon as Herder spotted Tommy, though, he nodded and pointed to the room with a bed in it. His message was clear. "Your play, better start it."

Tommy swallowed and ducked into the little shelter.

It was made of well packed dirt, like all of the speedy shelters in the area, with a surprisingly nice wooden door out front and a comfortable looking red bed in the center of it. It was certainly better than a lot of places he'd slept in, so Tommy took a deep breath and sat down on the edge of the bed. He could do this. He had done so many scary things in his life (including dying), there was no way that falling asleep in a nice bed was the worst of it. He was a big man. He was strong.

He lay back on the bed and closed his eyes. Like every time he'd gotten to bed in this world, it happened rather quickly, but it was still hard to relax with the reflections of memories and old and new fears bouncing about in his skull. He shivered for a while, but eventually found himself lying still as the cloud of the dream world took him over again.