"Commanding" aura (Shawney)

Note: I'm so stupidd,,, I wrote the pivotal point (last Tommy chapter) before I wanted to,,, This is like saying goodbye to someone and then walking in the same direction, to me. Also I wrote this a week ago. Hello.

Tws: Mentions of blood and trauma.

Words: 2,194

-

Shawney stared at the blond boy.

Crafter had filled him in the best he could in the situation, but there was still a lot he couldn't quite seem to wrap his head around. Did he believe it? Yes unfortunately, but did he want it to be true? Absolutely not.

There was just no way that Gameknight was just... not here. He'd seen him passed out in front of his computer, Minecraft launcher open and everything. If he wasn't here... Shawney didn't want to think about it.

Looking at the boy in front of him, Shawney knew that what Crafter had been telling him was true. Sure, he'd had his major doubts when hearing it at first, but there was no doubt about it. This was Tommyinnt, but that wasn't quite it.

This was not the annoying british boy he was so used to seeing online, no no, there was something different about this one. His face was shaped a little differently, and his hair was a little longer, and his arms were somehow even skinnier. But the biggest difference of all, somehow, was the look in his eyes.

This Tommy looked scared, no, not scared, dead terrified.

It reminded Shawney a little bit of Gameknight, his Tommy.

Even now, after the boy had staggered out of his hut and calmed down, he still had that deep terror in his eyes. Even now, as the group sat around a campfire block, the rest of their camp torn down as they prepared for the trek to the source, he still had that fear. Even now, as everyone was chatting casually about the newest spell of music and the glow of the sun on the leaves, Tommy's eyes were wide. Even as he laughed along, he was braced for attack.

Shawney knew that look, he saw it on Gameknight nearly every day.

And now he was gone.

Shawney dipped his head, and began to fiddle with some spare redstone he had in his inventory, adding more or less of it to various redstone items he had brought with him, though he knew it wouldn't do anything special, they were on a server after all. Self consciously, he reached up above his head as if to feel the server thread he found there. If this Tommy didn't have one of those, he couldn't have possibly been from Shawney's world, but the fact that he did not wear a smock meant that he couldn't possibly be from Crafter's either.

Crafter had been correct, and Shawney didn't know how to grapple with what that meant for all of their worlds, and all of those world's inhabitants. If they had swapped servers, there was only one place that Gameknight could be now. Shawney felt his face fall further, Tommy couldn't have been lying. His friend was on 2b2t.

"Are you okay Shawney?" A voice asked, and Shawney looked up to see Digger looking down at him, the tall villager's broad shoulders oddly slumped as he sat on a free block of cobblestone. Shawney nodded and did his best to stop fiddling with the redstone. He was fine, probably, just worried. The wound in his leg had been easily patched up with a good piece of cooked porkchop, and his feet didn't even hurt that much from running down the mountain. All things considered, he didn't really have a personal reason to be upset.

Digger seemed to read his mind.

"He's safe, you know," He said, leaning back and gazing across the campfire. Shawney followed his gaze, and felt his heart swell in his blocky chest when he recognized Digger's two children, Topper and Filler, playing with several of Herder's wolves.