I'm Still Dreaming? (Gameknight)

Note: Picking off right where we left off???? Never. I'm going back again, this one starts a bit back and THEN meets up with Tommy. Also haha slightly longer chapter time, sorry for never ever updating. 

I LOVE ETHO, I felt bad for making him so out of character so far, idk if I fixed it but I tried my best. 

I also tried to get into Gameknight's odd perspective on these people, considering they sound just like Youtubers that he watches but they AREN'T... 

Tws: Trauma from battle and past actions, references to murder, vomit

Words: 3,840

-

 The group slashed through the empty water, so dead that the ripples of their swimming almost overwhelmed the weak waves of the inky water. Gameknight could feel his hands shaking. In anticipation? Fear? He wasn't sure. He just knew that, as the group reached the glowing blue that was the boundaries of the anarchy server, it was only going to get worse from here. Even now, drenched in inky seawater and near what could have been a pleasant beach at first glance, (if it hadn't been for the cries for help and curse words scrawled aimlessly across the border), Gameknight could already smell the smells of battle. Of gunpowder and arrows and XP pooling on the ground.

He shivered, treading water as they all regrouped again, each taking a deep breath as Phil experimentally put a hand through the border. Gameknight's heart, though he had already known this was happening, dropped when his friend's fingers slid seamlessly through the glowing wall of blue.

"Alright," Phil said, his wings working the water as he turned back to the ground, probably grimacing under his ridiculous wither skull mask, "It's not trapped, let's go,"

For once, Etho didn't make some sort of joke or argue with Phil. Techno too kept his mouth clamped shut as the group swam the last few blocks of water inside the border. Gameknight cringed as his feet touched the sand, noticing a cold layer of snow covering it. This place wasn't right. He put his hand on the border, and found it hard as obsidian behind him. He swallowed hard and shuffled a little closer to his group.

"Okay," said Phil, pointing one shaking wing further into the gunpowder smelling land, "Fit's that way, now let's get away from this border before someone else finds us,"

Again, none of them argued, and Gameknight found his racing mind wondering what Phil could possibly know about this server that would give him such a good relationship with someone on it. He had no answer to such questions, but it was all he could think up to ponder other than Herobrine. (He knew he wasn't ready to do that quite yet.)

The group jogged forward, Phil folding his wings protectively tight to his back, and Techno occasionally adjusting his grip on his ax as Gameknight and Etho lagged behind. Thankfully, that ax had not been needed in the water, but it was clear that it's potential use was not over. All of them knew it.

Gameknight could not see under Etho's pumpkin head, but something about the way he was looking around him, suggested that he too had a lot on his mind in this place. (Of course, Gameknight probably should have seen that in the way he restlessly flexed his claws, flicking between fishing rods, tnt, and bows, as if making sure each was still safe in his inventory.)

"This way!" Phil called, even though they were all hot on his tail, "In the cave!" Gameknight wasted no time following him, scrambling after the bird hybrid as Phil dove into the darkness, his wings blending in perfectly with the endless shadows of the place.

The only light on the rocky tunnel walls was the purple reflected glow from everyone's armor and tools, as well as a dim red light from one side of Etho's pumpkin head. Distantly, for Gameknight's ears were straining for the sound of battle though he knew it was not here yet, Gameknight wondered how he hadn't noticed before that Etho's eye glowed.