chapter fourteen

3 months later

lauren grabbed the tray of food as she moved down the line.

"hurry up!" someone yelled from behind her.

"shut the fuck up." lauren spat and grabbed the bowl of mac and cheese.

"what did you say?" the girl behind her stepped closer.

lauren turned around and got really close in her face. lauren didnt know her name yet, but shes seen her around. "i said, shut the fuck up." she said in a more dark, harsh tone.

lauren then felt herself being pushed. she caught herself before she could fall. she pushed the girl back. soon, they got in a big fight.

the jail mates crowded around them as lauren pulled on the girls hair, bringing her down to the ground. when she did, she swung at lauren: hitting her in lip.

"fucking bitch." lauren growled, wiping the blood from her lip. she gave her a swift kick to the stomach before punching her a few times in the face.

"lauren! lauren!" she felt herself being pulled away from the fight. her friend mallory stood in front of her. "are you crazy?! are you trying to get in even more trouble!"

lauren was already in trouble for telling one of the officers to suck her dick. "the police officers here are shit anyway."

mallory looked at lauren's bruised face. "fuck.." her lip was busted, she had a black eye and a bloody scratch on her cheek. she grabbed a nearby napkin and tried to clean up some of the blood.

lauren smiled. she liked mallory. she reminded her of camila. a lot.

mallory was a short for her age, 5'4. her long blonde hair always curled at the ends even without her trying. she was a good kid. she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

"i hate it here..." lauren confessed. she looked down and sniffed, trying not to cry.

"no one likes it here lauren." mallory sighed and threw away the napkin stained with blood.

"i want camila, i want my family, i want someone." lauren covered her face as she cried. "im tired of being alone."

"you're not alone... you have me." mallory hugged her.

"but you're getting out of here soon, and when you do i'll be alone again."

mallory stayed quiet. it was true. she was getting out in 4 weeks. she rubbed her friends back doing the best she could to comfort her.

when lunch ended lauren walked to the wall of the telephones. everyday she called camila. camila never answered, but it was still nice to hear her voicemail.

"hello?"

lauren's eyes widened. "c-camila?"

"lauren?"

"oh my god." lauren felt her eyes sweating again (she didn't want to admit she was crying). she grabbed the phone tighter as if she could feel camila. "why havent you been answering my calls?"

"i got into a fight with sofi and that little brat hid my phone and i then when i found it, i got grounded for failing my math test." camila explained.

"who gives a fuck about all of that, i just miss your voice."

"i miss you too lauren, so much. so um, how is jail?" camila asked.

"its hell. it's terrible." lauren sighed. "but mallory makes it a little better."

"mallory?" camila coughed. "whos that?"

lauren chuckled noticing the jealousy in camila's tone. "my prison girlfriend."

"oh really?" camila scoffed.

"no." lauren laughed. "she's just a friend. look baby, i dont have much time on the phone. im so happy you answered the phone."

"i know. im so sorry-" camila was about to ramble.

"shh," lauren stopped her. "my time is almost up but i just wanted to let you know that i love you..."

there was no answer.

"camila?" she soon realized her call ended. "fuck!" she punched the wall and threw the phone, walking away.