chapter twenty eight

normani and dinah were not surprised when camila told her that her and lauren broke up, but of course they were there to help comfort their friends.

"she's so selfish!" an angry camila yelled, marching around the room to dinah.

"she's so inconsiderate!" lauren yelled to normani who sat on her couch. "one day with her would've been fine!" she huffed.

"you have to understand that she's been busy lately." normani touched lauren's shoulder.

"you have to understand that lauren is feeling lonely right now." dinah told camila. "she just wants some time with you."

"well i don't have time!" camila exclaimed, obviously getting very frustrated.

"well she needs to make time!" lauren yelled. she let out a sigh and started to grab her jacket along with her keys. "i need to go."

"lauren," normani followed her to the door. "are you partying again?"

"yeah so what?" lauren shrugged, pushing her hair back.

normani gave a look of disapproval. "you know you shouldn't be. you promised camila-"

"well camila and i aren't together anymore right?" lauren interrupted, raising her eyebrow. she didn't give the girl in front of her a chance to answer. "right."

normani watched the green eyed beauty leave out her own apartment. she sighed and pulled her phone out her pocket- dialing dinah.

"hey." dinah answered.

"are you still at mila's?" normani asked.

"i'm walking out the door right now, what's up?"

"lauren just left to go clubbing."

"and?" dinah obviously didn't catch the bad.

"lauren's an ex party girl. camila tried so hard to get her out of her ways. what if she gets sucked back in?" normani rambled on.

"okay, okay," dinah said. "lets think about this."

there was a brief silence in the conversation.

"i got it!" dinah finally said into the phone.

"what is it?" normani wanted her go on.

"what if we bring mila to the club?"

normani raised her eyebrow. "isn't the idea to not be at the club at all?"

dinah scoffed, "duh, but try to get lauren to leave. you know she's stubborn as hell," normani nodded in agreement even though dinah couldn't see her. the silence told her to continue. "if we bring camila to the club as well that might help lauren knock some sense into her."

"i think you're on to something dinah jane." normani agreed with the plan.

a smirk grew on the polynesian girl as she flipped her hair. "yeah, i know."

"i'll find out the club lauren's at and then i'll text you the address for you and camila."

"alright, i'll get camila ready." dinah walked up to camila's front door again- she never got far.

"hope this works." normani muttered, hanging up the phone. she clicked the circle button at the bottom of her phone, bringing her to her hone screen; she clicked the green messaging app- shooting lauren a text: hey, what club are you at?

minutes later normani got a reply: why?

normani rolled her eyes replying, asking the question again. she smirked in satisfaction when lauren finally told her the name. she instantly forwarded the name to dinah as soon as she got it.

-
dinah checked the new message from normani.

"18?" dinah read the club name aloud. she heard a lot of things about that club. not good things. she sighed and entered camila's house again, hoping she could get camila on board.

"dinah? what are you doing here?" camila asked, peeking over her stair balcony. "i thought you left."

"well guess what," dinah gave her, her biggest smile. "we're going out." she climbed up the stairs to meet her best friend.

"out? out where?" the smaller girl question. 'going out' was the last thing on her mind.

"just come little one," dinah dragged camila trying to find her something to wear. dinah eyed her best friend up and down- she was a mess. she looked like a homeless person and that did not please dinah at all.

"dinah, i don't really feel like going anywhere. i just broke up with my girlfriend."

"exactly." dinah replied, pulling out one of camila's shirts finding it disgusting- shoving it back into the closet.

camila raised her eyebrow not understanding.

dinah rolled her eyes when she noticed her friend's expression. "if i leave, you're gonna sit here and sulk about lauren."

camila stayed silent, knowing it was the truth.

"therefore i'm taking your ass out." dinah continued. she turned her attention away from the closet to look at camila.

"fine." camila huffed out.

dinah wore the same smirk normani once wore when she got the club name.

now the only thing that's left is to hope this plan actually works.