chapter nineteen

during free period, lauren kept her promise and met the girls in the library to help catch her up, but only normani showed up.

"so what first?" normani asked.

"this." lauren said pushing the notes she took during second period to the girl in front of her. "i have no idea what the fuck this is."

normani chuckled and examined the paper. "well lets get started then."

the period was almost over and normani was still trying to help lauren understand.

"normani, i don't fucking get this." lauren said frustrated and ran her longer fingers through her hair, pushing it back like she usually did.

normani sighed and closed the textbook. "go after school to ally's. she can help you better than i can."

lauren nodded. she watched as normani collected her stuff. "i'll see you later." she said.

lauren stayed at the table and tapped her pencil on the desk. there was no way that she could do this. before she knew it, she soon felt herself being jerked from her chair and onto the floor.

"what the fu..." she looked up to an angry michael again.

"you deserved to die in there!" michael shouted in her face. "not him! you!" he grabbed onto her shirt and hovered over her, keeping lauren pinned to the ground.

usually bitch lauren would kick in; but she felt like she deserved this. she knew luke's death was her fault. no matter what anyone told her- it was. she was the reason their best friend was dead.

lauren looked back at camila to see her still hiding behind a table with ally. they both look terrified and she was scared to leave them behind to go find tyler, but she did.

"luke..." lauren said to the lanky boy pointing a gun to her face.

"lauren,"

"shut the fuck up!" lauren yelled at him. "you don't deserve to say a word to me... you don't deserve to say anything!" right there, she pulled the trigger. twice. both bullets hitting luke in the chest before he could shoot back (not like he was going to anyway).

lauren watched as her best friend laid dying. blood pooling around him. part of her died that day, it died with luke.

michael raised his fist ready to punch lauren. she closed her eyes and waited for the hit.

"what the hell?! get off her!"

lauren opened one eye and peeped normani in the corner. the dark skinned girl quickly ran to the scene, pushing the pissed off boy off of lauren.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" she eyed michael.

"this is far from over lauren." said michael as he roughly pushed open the library doors.

"are you okay?" normani asked, helping lauren to her feet.

"yeah." lauren nodded, brushing herself off.

"why did you take that?"

lauren shrugged and looked down at her feet. "i felt like deserved that. someone needs to take their anger out on me."

"you're not a punching bag, lauren. you don't need to take that from anyone, not matter what you feel." normani said.

"why did you come back?" lauren asked trying to change the subject.

"i left my pencil." normani replied. she glanced at the table they were at and picked up the blue pencil. "now that i've got it i'm gonna go to class now... be careful alright?" she gently squeezed lauren's arm.

lauren nodded and earned a smile from mani before she walked out the doors again.

lauren sighed and got her stuff together, walking out the door as well. she just felt like ditching the rest of the day.

"sorry camila." lauren said to herself as she pushed open the school's doors, leaving.