chapter twenty three

lauren dreaded the day already and it was only 7 am. she just wanted to stay home and watch friends. but like usual, camila forced her. but camila had to go to school earlier today so lauren could've ditched if she wanted, but she knew camila would be on her ass about it.

"hey prison girl."

"ive been called worse." lauren laughed at the nickname justin gave her.

"so did you really get attacked by michael in the libray?" justin asked.

lauren stopped walking and furrowed her eyebrows. "how'd you know about that?"

"everyone knows," justin shrugged and kept walking. "some kid saw what happened."

"shit." lauren groaned. she thought the library was abandoned at the time.

"well if it helps, people now think micheal's a total dick." justin sent her a smile.

lauren chuckled and shook her head.

"hey, isn't that your girlfriend?" he stopped and pointed to girl in a yellow tshirt, handing out flyers.

"yeah." muttered lauren. she walked up to lauren.

"lauren!" camila smiled. "glad you're here. here take this." she shoved a paper into lauren's hand.

"what's this?" lauren looked over the bright yellow paper. she looked up and saw other kids, some in blue, some in yellow, passing out flyers as well.

"well," camila said giving a flyer to justin. "this weekend we're going to the beach to pick up trash and we need volunteers to help. can you guys come?" camila looked at the two of them with hopeful eyes as she bit her lip. she was at least hoping lauren would go.

"yes." as much as lauren wanted to say no, she saw the look in her girlfriend's face and didn't want to hurt her.

camila lips instantly grew into a grin, quickly kissing lauren's lips. "yay! please don't be late, i'll text you the details."

lauren smiled and nodded, walking off with justin again.

"you really gonna go pick up trash?" justin questioned with his eyebrow raised.

"yeah, why not?" lauren answered, shrugging. "if my girlfriend's into it then so am i."

"aw, relationship goals!" justin squealed in a high pitched voice.

"shut up." lauren laughed and playfully shoved him.

"seriously though- you're whipped."

"trust me," lauren smiled to herself. "you have no idea."