chapter twenty two

lauren stayed outside on the balcony until camila returned... which was three hours later.

"hey!" camila entered the apartment cheerfully. "why are you outside?" she asked, making her way out to lauren.

lauren just shrugged. she didn't want to tell camila about her anxiety attack. "um... can you not go home tonight?" she asked.

"do i ever?" camila laughed making lauren smile a little. "what's wrong?"

"nothing." she gave her a fake smile.

camila just nodded. "well lets go inside." she grabbed lauren's hands and lifted her up.

"i picked up dinner on the way home." camila said holding up a few bags.

"cool, what'd ya get?"

camila wagged her finger from side to side. "not what did i get... what am i going to make?" she smiled smugly.

"oh god. camila." lauren wiped her hand over her face.

"yes! im gonna cook!" an excited camila exclaimed, taking out the ingredients she bought at the store. "besides, i had to go to the store anyway. you're running low on food."

"but you've never cooked before." lauren raised her eyebrow. "ever."

"oh come on." she took out a pan and turned on the stove. "it cant be that hard. you can't eat take out for the rest of your life."

lauren shook her head and gave up, letting camila cook her mysterious meal. she headed to the couch and turned on the tv.

from time to time she would over at camila. she smiled. she imagined this is what life would feel like after high school. camila would be making dinner, lauren would come home from work tired as fuck. who knows, maybe even a little one running around.

"dinners almost ready." camila said snapping lauren out of her thoughts.

"okay, cool."

camila smiled and went back to stirring something.

lauren moved her way to behind camila. she wrapped her arms around her from behind, laying her head on her back.

"hey there." camila turned her head to look at her girlfriend.

"hi baby." lauren smiled and kissed the back of her neck.

"laaaaaauren," camila giggled. "i'm cooking, don't do that."

"smells good by the way." lauren backed away from camila and hopped up on the counter.

"why thank you." camila smiled brightly at her words.

"can you tell me what you're making?" lauren nudged her.

"nope. now go away." camila laughed, pushing lauren's knee away.

"ugh you suck." lauren gave up and hopped off the counter.

a few minutes later, camila yelled saying that dinner was ready. lauren looked at the plate of a oven baked chicken breast and a little portion of salad on the side. she smiled up at camila who placed a fresh glass of iced tea in front of her.

"this looks amazing cabello." lauren laughed and started to cut her chicken.

"thanks babe. now taste it and tell me if you like it."

lauren stabbed the chicken with a fork and studied it for a fee minutes. it looked to be cooked all the way. she looked up to camila who had hopeful eyes. she shoved the chicken into her mouth and chewed for a bit. "this is great," she finally said.