chapter fifteen

"so this is it huh?" lauren frowned.

it was mallory's last day and she was about to leave.

"hey, don't think like that." mallory rubbed lauren's arm. "maybe when we're both out we'll find each other again and meet up."

lauren softly smiled and hugged the smaller girl.

"lets go inmate."

that broke up the hug. mallory gave lauren a sad smile as she waved, walking away with the guards. lauren muttered a bye, watching her only friend leave. she sighed. she was alone again.

she found her way to the telephone and dialed camila's number. she groaned when she didn't pick up. she walked back to her cell and sat on her bed. it was free time but she really wanted to be alone right now.

lauren didn't move much over the next few weeks. she mostly spent her time in the library reading books. sometimes they would let her take the books back to her cell.

"jauregui?"

lauren looked up from the book she was reading. "yes?"

"come with me." the officer spoke.

"but why? i didn't do anything..." she put down the book and gave her full attention.

"you've been bailed out. now come with me."

lauren's eyes widened as she quickly followed the guard. who bailed her out? who had the type of money?

after a long process of changing into regular clothes, filling out paperwork, and other crap. she walked out to the front.

"hey there prison babe." camila smirked whiling leaning against her car.

"camila." lauren quickly ran to her, wrapping her arms around her. "holy shit, it's you!" she pulled away with a big smile. she didn't waste anytime by kissing camila's plump pink lips with her recently licked chapped lips. "i missed you so much." she rested her forehead on hers.

"i missed you too." camila grabbed lauren's cheeks.

"how did you bail me out?" lauren asked.

camila bit her lip and avoided the look lauren was giving her. " i got a job as a waitress."

"you've obviously couldn't have made enough money to bail me out by being a waitress." lauren wasn't buying her story and she wanted the truth.

"i got enough tips?" her words sounded more like a question than a statement.

"camila. i'm serious."

camila sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, pushing it out her face. "i used my college fund." she mumbled.

"you what?" lauren heard her just a bit.

"i used my college fund." camila repeated, louder this time.

"you dumb little shit!" lauren hit her on the arm, making camila wince in pain. "ask for your money back and put me back in jail!"

"i'm not gonna let you rot in there!" camila argued. "you were gonna be in there for years!"

"i rather been in jail then not have you at college!" lauren raised her voice as well.

"well i don't," camila said quieter this time. "lauren, i love you. ill do anything for. i know all the shit we've been through for the past years have been crazy, but that's in the past. from this moment forward, we are only focusing on our future. our future as camren."

"camren?" lauren smiled. "haven't heard that since what junior year?"

"its still cute." camila smiled back. "now get in the car. we're going to mcdonald's."

"anything is better than prison food." lauren laughed. "by the way, who's car is this?" she said climbing into the passenger seat.

"mine. you like it?" camila smirked and started the car, driving off.

"this is yours? wooooooow." lauren laughed and expected the car. "nice cabello."

"my parents got it for me so i have transportation when i go to college...." camila let her words drag. "sorry." she apologized when she realized what she said.

lauren sighed. "i don't like how you spent your future on me-"

camila cut her off by grabbing her hand, while she kept one of the steering wheel. she laced their fingers together and smiled. camila missed lauren's touch badly.

"you're my future jauregui."